A quick update to the Whiffie 2023 awards procedure

Started by TomZ, December 31, 2022, 09:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Hopefully this event will occur after dinner, at a civilised hour?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: rickshaw on March 11, 2023, 03:49:16 PMHopefully this event will occur after dinner, at a civilised hour?

I think that depends on what part of the map you live on. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

rickshaw

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 11, 2023, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on March 11, 2023, 03:49:16 PMHopefully this event will occur after dinner, at a civilised hour?

I live on the top part of Terra, the great south land of course.   :wacko:

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: rickshaw on March 11, 2023, 07:21:07 PM

In that case the Ceremony will happen between Second Pudding and the Fish Course unless I am mistaken.

rickshaw

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 11, 2023, 07:29:24 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on March 11, 2023, 07:21:07 PM

In that case the Ceremony will happen between Second Pudding and the Fish Course unless I am mistaken.

As long as it is before first breakfast!   :thumbsup:

Wardukw

I have decided to make a small change to my attire as it hear it's quite cold and wet there so my flip flops will be replaced with my best gumboots..they are very clean and only get worn on the most special of occasions which of course this is the top of the list for the month.
I am glad our weapons choices have not been limited or outlawed so in accordance with those rules I shall bring the aforementioned H&K MK 23 SOCOM with factory set suppressor  but as a addition I will also be bring my Stoner LMG but I will limit my ammo to 1000 rds only...don't want to over do it.
I hope there's not many trees around the build which where the ceremony is being held as Clyde kinda likes to knock them over is he sees any red cars..don't know why..bloody glad he hasn't seen my car to be honest.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Just out of curiosity, what will be in this year's nominee gift bags?  I see the Oscar nominees will be getting liposuction, cosmetic surgery, a bit of land in Australia, and luxury vacations so I sincerely hope we improve on last year's somewhat disappointing haul of half a digestive biscuit and paperclips. 

scooter

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 12, 2023, 11:15:08 AMJust out of curiosity, what will be in this year's nominee gift bags?  I see the Oscar nominees will be getting liposuction, cosmetic surgery, a bit of land in Australia, and luxury vacations so I sincerely hope we improve on last year's somewhat disappointing haul of half a digestive biscuit and paperclips. 

I had a peek - hardtack and weevils.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: scooter on March 12, 2023, 11:21:56 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 12, 2023, 11:15:08 AMJust out of curiosity, what will be in this year's nominee gift bags?  I see the Oscar nominees will be getting liposuction, cosmetic surgery, a bit of land in Australia, and luxury vacations so I sincerely hope we improve on last year's somewhat disappointing haul of half a digestive biscuit and paperclips. 

I had a peek - hardtack and weevils.

Be fair, there are also  several virtual sticks of rhubarb  and all the twiglets you can inhale.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Weaver

Erm... has anybody found the following?

Front offside wing of a 1956 Austin A40 Somerset motor vehicle (greenish purple in colour)
Vintage 1929 lady's left garter (black in colour, size 13). Apparently the diamond is real, not paste, and the Victoria and Albert are quite keen to get it back (especially Victoria)
One bottle of pills (Hoekicokemine, 500mg, quantity... uncertain)
Avro Vulcan bomber rear crewman's ejection seat handle (at least that's what I was told it was)

If you have any of these items in your possession please contact me. PM is preferable, but if you must use the telephone, please ring quietly. Ouch.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Wardukw

I don't have any of those Weaver and I still can't find my bloody gumboot...it's my best pair.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

I did find a Front offside wing of a 1956 Austin A40 Somerset, but it's a very vibrant yellow.  Almost hard to look at.

Also I did lose my favorite pudding spoon so if anyone finds that it's return would be most welcome. 

Weaver

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 13, 2023, 01:03:41 AMI did find a Front offside wing of a 1956 Austin A40 Somerset, but it's a very vibrant yellow.  Almost hard to look at.

You didn't notice any empty spray cans of Vibrant Yellow lying around I suppose?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rheged

The venue managers report the following:-
The missing gumboot has been removed from an euphonium in the orchestra pit. 
The pudding spoon was last seen running away with a dish whilst everyone was distracted by the cow apparently jumping over the moon to raucous laughter from a little dog.
The lady's garter is currently in lost property, there being a rumour that it was  used as a hat band by a participant during the event
The A40 wing is currently being examined at Boscombe Down.  Scientists are bemused by its unique colour instability properties**
Sorry, Harold, but the bottle of tablets was empty when found in the possession of a staff member who was clinging desperately to the ceiling  gibbering about the second law of thermodynamics.
A number of Men in Black who had infiltrated the event  were removed insensible from the hall: they were later diagnosed as suffering from extreme  information overload.
The  ladies retiring room will be properly examined when the clouds of thick green smoke emanating from the cubicle cisterns has finally dispersed.
The clamp has since been removed from the armoured vehicle in the car park by the Bomb Disposal Team who were on standby in case of culinary malfunctions. They say the owner/driver owes them a pint!

** Whiffers know the answer to this.........it all depends on the lighting under which you view the paint.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on March 13, 2023, 03:29:36 AMThe lady's garter is currently in lost property, there being a rumour that it was  used as a hat band by a participant during the event

It wasn't me, really it wasn't!

The garter wasn't long enough to go round The Hat...................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit