A quick update to the Whiffie 2023 awards procedure

Started by TomZ, December 31, 2022, 09:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Old Wombat

Given what Radish used to wear, I don't see why not. ;D  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

AeroplaneDriver

Will there be a meal this year?  Pickled shark is supposed to be quite nice.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

TomZ

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on January 03, 2023, 02:34:29 PMWill there be a meal this year?  Pickled shark is supposed to be quite nice.

The Academy has decided to provide a what-if buffet this year.
Some of the featured dishes and beverages are:
  • Alternate scheme beer: Purple coloured IPA
  • Kit-bashed Pie: A combination of Sauerkraut, Haggis and Raw Herring
  • Alternative chronology Deserts: What if last years yoghurt was still edible
  • Prototyped Beef: Beef grown in a laboratory
  • And many more delicacies

The Academy
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Leading Observer

Can I ask for the roast right leg of Haggis? As we all know this is longer and carries more meat than the left due to the bird running anti-clockwise round the top of the mountains
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Rheged

Quote from: Leading Observer on January 04, 2023, 12:08:59 PMCan I ask for the roast right leg of Haggis? As we all know this is longer and carries more meat than the left due to the bird running anti-clockwise round the top of the mountains

I understand that recent research at the Ach-na-Shuggle Mountain Investigation Department has shown that not all Cairngorms are anti-clockwise threaded-------a small number are in fact clockwise threaded-------- meaning that  mutant haggis with longer left legs do exist in small numbers.  I am not in a position to explain how one discerns the "threadedness" of a Cairngorm.  One of the engineers resident on this site  may be able to comment further.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Leading Observer

Quote from: Rheged on January 04, 2023, 12:27:16 PM
Quote from: Leading Observer on January 04, 2023, 12:08:59 PMCan I ask for the roast right leg of Haggis? As we all know this is longer and carries more meat than the left due to the bird running anti-clockwise round the top of the mountains

I understand that recent research at the Ach-na-Shuggle Mountain Investigation Department has shown that not all Cairngorms are anti-clockwise threaded-------a small number are in fact clockwise threaded-------- meaning that  mutant haggis with longer left legs do exist in small numbers.  I am not in a position to explain how one discerns the "threadedness" of a Cairngorm.  One of the engineers resident on this site  may be able to comment further.

Further to the above, I understand that the Ach-na-Shuggle Investigation Department are investigating that these clockwise threaded animals are in fact not native to the Caingorms, and were introduced from the Southern Hemisphere to give the English Tourists more chance of bagging a bird during the short shooting season in December,
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

zenrat

That is correct.
Antipodean Haggi (endemic to Tasmania) run clockwise due to the Coriolis effect.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 02, 2023, 02:23:13 AM
Quote from: TomZ on January 02, 2023, 02:04:10 AMA wet T-shirt might be considered ...

I hope you have a lot of eye sanitizer to hand if this mob wear wet T-shirts to the Awards! :o

I would hope that everybody is issued with a wetex to mop up their wetness, at the door of course!   :o  :o
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 02, 2023, 04:15:20 AM
Quote from: Rheged on January 02, 2023, 03:57:28 AMAnd whichever one of you turned up last year in the Thornycroft Antar tank transporter please give some advance notice as it needs to  occupy at least 26 spaces in the car park.

Sorry! :-\

By the way, has anyone seen the Merkava IV AS that I had on the trailer? :unsure:

It seems to have gone missing during last year's Awards Ceremony, caused a lot of fuss at the Royal Australian Marines Armoured Corps School where I borrowed it from. :banghead:

Bloody hell, no wonder Treasury is on the warpath.  Do you realise how much one of them costs?   :banghead:  :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

AeroplaneDriver

May we bring our own fish paste sandwiches if the buffet doesn't sound appetizing? 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

TomZ

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on January 06, 2023, 01:46:42 AMMay we bring our own fish paste sandwiches if the buffet doesn't sound appetizing? 

I am sorry but eating your own food is definitely not allowed. Punishment for offenders will be severe!
For each item of illegal food found on your person, 10 kits will be confiscated from your stash.

Only food and drinks bought in the hall from the official Academy outlet is allowed.
You can pre-order your meal tickets on this site for the sum of USD 55.62 each.
The proceeds of this sale will go to the Academy Toilet restoration fund to pay for the repainting after last years event.

The Academy

TomZ

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 06, 2023, 02:37:05 AMAnd kidney pies!

There will be kidney pies only if we can find a kind donor to donate his or her kidney for this.

The Academy

Steel Penguin

the Coelacanth steaks were wonderful last year, the bronto burgers were a bit large though
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!