A quick update to the Whiffie 2023 awards procedure

Started by TomZ, December 31, 2022, 09:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

I would like to submit a recommendation to the Whiffie Board of Directors that all participants, guests, show staff, etc. must now walk the following way as it promotes better health.
This means walking in the following way to and from your seat, the concession stand, the restrooms, etc., etc.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2023/01/09/monty-python-silly-walk-study-lbb-orig-nb.cnn

All other types of walking, running, skipping, jumping, hopping, etc. are banned.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: seadude on January 10, 2023, 07:45:39 PMI would like to submit a recommendation to the Whiffie Board of Directors that all participants, guests, show staff, etc. must now walk the following way as it promotes better health.
This means walking in the following way to and from your seat, the concession stand, the restrooms, etc., etc.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2023/01/09/monty-python-silly-walk-study-lbb-orig-nb.cnn

All other types of walking, running, skipping, jumping, hopping, etc. are banned.

While I don't have a problem with this rule, I would like the Academy to clarify any effect it would have on the traditional opening dance and of course, the closing Dance Of the Winners.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

McColm

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Quote from: zenrat on January 12, 2023, 03:08:16 AM
Quote from: McColm on January 11, 2023, 05:31:07 AMWill it be televised?

Not if the TV networks want to keep their licences...    :unsure:
So the bleeper machine is still broken  ;D

philp

It is good to see the high etiquette and decorum I instituted when I first started this awards ceremony back in 2009 is being upkept with the highest dignity.  At least, based on the comments here.

Good show.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

AeroplaneDriver

Will pets be allowed?   I am pet-sitting a very rare alpaca for a work friend and it doesn't like to be left alone. It is well behaved and only occasionally vomits.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rheged

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on January 23, 2023, 08:40:15 PMWill pets be allowed?  I am pet-sitting a very rare alpaca for a work friend and it doesn't like to be left alone. It is well behaved and only occasionally vomits.

The same could be said for several of those likely to attend.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

I resent that.  My behaviour may be terrible but I haven't vomited since 1983.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TomZ

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 17, 2023, 04:33:03 AMOoh! It's Whiffy Poll Weekend!

Yes, it is! Start exercising that mouse hand. A lot of voting to do shortly!!
I'll try to put the polls up tomorrow evening.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency