A quick update to the Whiffie 2023 awards procedure

Started by TomZ, December 31, 2022, 09:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: TomZ on February 18, 2023, 04:44:55 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 18, 2023, 03:56:11 AMDid you get my cheque?

I did, but unfortunately it bounced......

TomZ

Fred, maybe you should have sent him a Czech instead of a cheque. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

That reminds me of an appropriate joke

"I have an (insert country of choice) friend who is a sound engineer

and a Czech one too, Czech one too....

Gondor exiting stage left
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: TomZ on December 31, 2022, 09:48:18 AMAny members caught demolishing Academy property will be banned and their stash impounded and sold in auction.

Am I therefore correct in assuming that any other kit manufacturer's property is fair game then?  :angel:

By the way, I've booked the band. I was stuck for ages, but then I saw all the warnings in this thread and well, there was only one choice really...

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TomZ

Quote from: Weaver on February 18, 2023, 09:21:19 AM
Quote from: TomZ on December 31, 2022, 09:48:18 AMAny members caught demolishing Academy property will be banned and their stash impounded and sold in auction.
Am I therefore correct in assuming that any other kit manufacturer's property is fair game then?  :angel:

I meant THE Academy, not just any Academy!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on February 18, 2023, 09:21:19 AM

By the way, I've booked the band. I was stuck for ages, but then I saw all the warnings in this thread and well, there was only one choice really...

Oh, bloody good choice, Brother Weaver! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

But that clip takes me back to another era:

Unfortunately no period (1978) official video for this song:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 18, 2023, 10:32:25 PMBut that clip takes me back to another era:

Okay, well that's just damned spooky, because the last thing I was looking at on the internet before coming here just now was this kit on Hannants:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on February 18, 2023, 11:25:34 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 18, 2023, 10:32:25 PMBut that clip takes me back to another era:

Okay, well that's just damned spooky, because the last thing I was looking at on the internet before coming here just now was this kit on Hannants:

Especially as Graeme "Shirley" Strachan, the lead singer, died flying a Bell 47G on one of his first solo nav-ex flights (he already had his fixed wing licence) in 2001.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sandiego89

I applaud the academy for the voting system, it was easy to navigate and use.  I also liked that builder/entrant names were left off to reduce any unconscious bias (although a few of us are easy to recognize through our entries!).  Really top notch, thank you   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

TomZ

Just a few more days until the awards show.

All the bribes votes are counted and sorted.
We will be presenting 23 certificates in 19 categories.
The voting was very, very close this year in many categories.

I hope to see you all this Sunday evening when we present this years whiffies.

The Academy

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Wardukw

Looking forward to it Tom ...I have my coveralls all cleaned and pressed ..my flip flops are painted now to match my coveralls so they won't clash with my yellow socks.
Even gave my elephant a wash and he'll be there ..will also bring a skid steer loader and dump truck..no particular reason there  ;)
If you'd like I'll bring my famous or infamous..depending who you talk to..sheep's foot stew..it goes down well ..or it doesn't..depending on who you talk to.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Jesus. Tapdancing. Christ. YELLOW SOCKS???  Have you not read the rules man??

PURPLE SOCKS!!!  Always.  We are not savages. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 09, 2023, 07:28:36 PMLooking forward to it Tom ...I have my coveralls all cleaned and pressed ..my flip flops are painted now to match my coveralls so they won't clash with my yellow socks.
Even gave my elephant a wash and he'll be there ..will also bring a skid steer loader and dump truck..no particular reason there  ;)
If you'd like I'll bring my famous or infamous..depending who you talk to..sheep's foot stew..it goes down well ..or it doesn't..depending on who you talk to.

I have been a member of this group for neigh on 20 years.  If you are allowed an elephant and sheeps foot stew when I have been told I may not bring the alpaca I am caring for and a sandwich I shall quit the group in protest Sir.  Also please observe Rule 42 from 2009.  Any elephants in attendance at group events MUST wear a pewter bell.  NO EXCEPTIONS!!

Wardukw

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 09, 2023, 08:01:36 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 09, 2023, 07:28:36 PMLooking forward to it Tom ...I have my coveralls all cleaned and pressed ..my flip flops are painted now to match my coveralls so they won't clash with my yellow socks.

I have been a member of this group for neigh on 20 years.  If you are allowed an elephant and sheeps foot stew when I have been told I may not bring the alpaca I am caring for and a sandwich I shall quit the group in protest Sir.  Also please observe Rule 42 from 2009.  Any elephants in attendance at group events MUST wear a pewter bell.  NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Pewter !!! Freaking pewter..my elephants bell is pure titanium with a 22 🥕 gold inlay..if I put pewter on him he would look at me in that way elephants look at ppl which I find very uncomfortable .
I will fold slightly and I will not be offended if the offer of sheep's foot stew is rejected...even tho Clyde won't be impressed..he quite enjoys it with these little bread rolls he buys..Clyde is my elephant by the way and he is easily offended .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 09, 2023, 08:57:55 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 09, 2023, 08:01:36 PM

Pewter !!! Freaking pewter..my elephants bell is pure titanium with a 22 🥕 gold inlay..if I put pewter on him he would look at me in that way elephants look at ppl which I find very uncomfortable .
I will fold slightly and I will not be offended if the offer of sheep's foot stew is rejected...even tho Clyde won't be impressed..he quite enjoys it with these little bread rolls he buys..Clyde is my elephant by the way and he is easily offended .

You are relatively new here so I will explain.  After the silver and gold elephant necklace debacle of 2005 it was determined ONLY pewter would be allowed.  I mean this in the best possible terms, but unless you were there you cannot comprehend how bad things went back then. Several cans of Spam were rendered totally unusable and a goat had a lifelong limp.  After that we agreed...Never Again.  Please understand.