Caproni Vizzola F.8

Started by Gondor, January 04, 2023, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 07, 2023, 03:32:17 AMThere's no reason why you shouldn't put a prop on a jet Chris. This IS WhiffWorld remember...............  ;)

That would make it a Turboprop would it not?

In this case the prop went on early because the nose was thinner than the prop I was using so I fitted it to allow me to use the right amount of filler. Although I don't have a ceremony when putting a prop on I do kind of know where your comming from Chris.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Thinking of adding more bumps and lumps, will see if they fit first.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

So this build is going quite quickly, more lumps and bumps added, they do change the look a bit as well but they need a second coat of paint so as it is nearly 10pm here that will have to be tomorrow. Same goes for touching up other parts such as the undercarriage doors. Other items on the to do list are the gunsight, a control column as the kit came without one but does have a pilot who looks as if he is holding one so I will have to scratch build one. The propellor and it's boss need painting, still to decide on the colour of the boss and if it has a pattern on it or not, gun barrels need painting as well and of course decals and varnishes need applying so that's about it untill it's finished.
Maybe some progress reports but no more pictures untill it's finished I'm afraid   :wacko:

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Ironically, I passed a resin kit of an earlier version of the Caption to a mate a while back.  Think it was by Dujin.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

comrade harps

My whifworld plays with transposing WW2 Italian and Japanese aircraft, so l get it.

Looking forward to seeing this completed.
Whatever.

Gondor

After looking at the decals I bought to go on this aircraft I have become more interested in one of the colour schemes depicted rather than the late K-4 based markings I was thinking of so a repaint is in order. Fortunatly this means only haveing to add more of one colour so it should be fairly easy to do.

Gondor

Gondor

Managed to do a little work on this yestarday evening. The main paintwork touchups were completed and the canopy painted  :banghead:  yes, parts of the canopy were painted along with the frames for the canopy which was what I had puerly intended to paint. Use of a cocktail stick to remove the excess paint will happen this evening. The canopy was also removed as it was fitted off to one side so hopefully I can fit that better after the paint work on the canopy is finished.

Gondor

Gondor

Excess paint removed and unfortunately some of the paint I wanted to stay too. I really need to get some better fine line paint brushes, even if they end up costing me more than usual because the ones I have keep splaying their bristles so they are not as effective as they used to be for painting thin lines.

Gondor

Wardukw

I had to do the same thing last week ...10/0 brushes was what I got and yes the ends splaying I a real pain ..turns out you can buy brushes just for acrylics and ones just for enamels..so I brought brushes for both which cost a little more at $14 nz each so I'm covered there now.
Still cheaper than some 10/0 brushes I looked at  :o
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 17, 2023, 05:42:12 PMI had to do the same thing last week ...10/0 brushes was what I got and yes the ends splaying I a real pain ..turns out you can buy brushes just for acrylics and ones just for enamels..so I brought brushes for both which cost a little more at $14 nz each so I'm covered there now.

Who knows, I might be forced to try this new fangled thing called Masking  :blink:

Gondor

NARSES2

Still got a lot of my old wargames figures fine detail brushes. Buy good quality brushes, look after them and they will last  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on February 18, 2023, 02:09:07 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 17, 2023, 05:42:12 PMI had to do the same thing last week ...10/0 brushes was what I got and yes the ends splaying I a real pain ..turns out you can buy brushes just for acrylics and ones just for enamels..so I brought brushes for both which cost a little more at $14 nz each so I'm covered there now.

Who knows, I might be forced to try this new fangled thing called Masking  :blink:

Gondor
Oh dude ya gotta try this brand new idea of masking..it's a huge PITA but the end results speck for themselves...for really annoying masking I use this old self adhesive metal foil ive got .but only on the really annoying stuff..it's tape or masking sets from there...normally just tape tho for me..I find it pretty easy to do ..strangely masking real cars helps a ton ...and motorbikes and tractors ..with a few trucks thrown into the mix aswell and 2 helicopters  :thumbsup:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Quote from: Gondor on January 06, 2023, 05:57:07 AMAs for what the aircraft looks like, this is what it is based on.
Thanks for these profiles, this may inspire me some F.6/P-51 mix! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Gondor

Canopy is on and the propellor blades have been painted. Looking at adding the decals tomorrow, I hope  :rolleyes:

Gondor