Caproni Vizzola F.8

Started by Gondor, January 04, 2023, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Still needs a few things done but it's almost there so here is a taster

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

I like that Alistair. Always thought that late war Italian dark green camouflage looks very smart and the ANR markings suit it very well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Yup, that is pretty indeed!  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

It's a pretty smooth aircraft to start with and this colour don't take any of the away  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Paint touch ups completed. Just needs a coat of matt varnish later and that will be this completed.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Caproni Vizzola F.8

A development initially based on the Caproni Vizzola F.6M and F.6Z prototypes' and using the same engine as the F.6M, the F.8 was hurried through development and into production following the September 1943 Armistice at the company's production facilities in Milan. The company had been producing sub-components for Messerschmitt, and they had used the DB 605A in the F.6M, so to ease production various components intended for the BF 109 were incorporated into the design which was also influenced by Fiat's G.55, another DB 605 powered aircraft.

The F.8 saw limited production, partly due to the antagonism between the Italians and Germans after the Armistice but enough aircraft were assembled to provide a squadron for the National Republican Air Force in late 1944. The squadron, that saw heavy use and with a high attrition rate was always under strength as the manufacturing of the aircraft could barely keep up with demand due to the worsening war situation. The aircraft depicted was one of the few remaining operational aircraft at the end of hostilities.

Gondor

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

That came out very good indeed!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Thanks gents.  :thumbsup:

I managed to fool one of our members, TSRJoe thought it was a Finish fighter. Once shown drawings and pictures of the Pyorremyski I can see the similarities which may lead me to kitbash one going by simmilar kits as a basis.

Gondor