Fw 190, Jet Version

Started by killnoizer, January 05, 2023, 02:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killnoizer

Next Build,  it's a two jet engine powered  Focke Wulf .

The engines will be placed like the Tu-16 direct beside the fuselage .   I am just thinking about some details and how to cut the two modells together , or instead building two engines from scratch ...

I prefer to use the straight wings from the 190 instead of the swept of the Tupolew ( both are nearly the same size at the fixing point ) .

Focke is in 1:72 , and the Tu-16 is in 1:100 ( Starfix kit is from 1967 )  .

You cannot view this attachment.
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Wardukw

Yeah I'm seconded here with Dave.this sounds very cool

Stick with the straight wings cause after sealing the nose and fitting the TUs wing it would end up looking to much like the swept wing ME262 or FWs version of it.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

killnoizer

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 05, 2023, 04:56:36 PMYeah I'm seconded here with Dave.this sounds very cool

Stick with the straight wings cause after sealing the nose and fitting the TUs wing it would end up looking to much like the swept wing ME262 or FWs version of it.

You're right , and I like the straight and well done design of the standard 190 , wanna keep the silhouette of a flying bulldog .
I have decided to build some new engines with some unused  tanks of jet fighter , must look which fits for me well .
 Some of that kind are big like the complete Focke Wulf  !  It is amazing how small this classic props were , compared with a modern fighter  . 

Flyer

Amazing what a small world it is, just yesterday I was contemplating a twin jet WW2 bird with the engine's in or more accurately on the wing roots. :thumbsup:

Only difference is what I was thinking about is an allied aircraft (type I will not disclose just in case I go ahead with it) with Jumo's from a 262 in their nacelles nestled up to the fuselage on top of the wing.

Looking forward to seeing this built. :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Wardukw

Quote from: killnoizer on January 05, 2023, 07:36:00 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 05, 2023, 04:56:36 PMYeah I'm seconded here with Dave.this sounds very cool

You're right , and I like the straight and well done design of the standard 190 , wanna keep the silhouette of a flying bulldog .
I have decided to build some new engines with some unused  tanks of jet fighter , must look which fits for me well .
 Some of that kind are big like the complete Focke Wulf  !  It is amazing how small this classic props were , compared with a modern fighter  . 
There's certain things ya don't want to mess with if you can save yourself a heap of work for no real good results and I was thinking that the intakes on the TU would look to much like the 262 and possibly a little to small ..yup scratch building em bud is the only way you'll get exactly what you've invistioned and once you've got what your looking for we can sit here and enjoy it  ;D
Once I've finished this build it's a delta winged F14 which will be in the works  ;)
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Nice idea, even though I am personally not 100% convinced of the layout with a Fw 190 tail sitter fuselage? Then rather use a Me 262 and create a high-speed version of that type with the Ru-16 donor wings and engines (landing gear could become interesting, tough)?

PR19_Kit

That's about the best thing you could do with a Starfix Tu-16 as well.  :thumbsup:  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

SPINNERS

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 05, 2023, 11:43:15 PMThat's about the best thing you could do with a Starfix Tu-16 as well.  :thumbsup:  ;D

LOL I once made their 'Spitfire Mk.21' worst kit ever.

Wardukw

Sounds like you'd be doing yourself a favor by not using the TU at all  mate   ;D

killnoizer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 05, 2023, 11:20:19 PMNice idea, even though I am personally not 100% convinced of the layout with a Fw 190 tail sitter fuselage? Then rather use a Me 262 and create a high-speed version of that type with the Ru-16 donor wings and engines (landing gear could become interesting, tough)?

I have build the 4 engine Me 462 !!

Starfix is of course a bit trashy , but the Tupolew is a sweet little kit ...

killnoizer

Day One.

Wings and fuselage  plus the tanks that will become the engines .  Needs a lot of sanding to fit beside the pilot  ...  wanna try to fix them very slim at the front , the original Front should be the central jet engine intake for both engines .

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   

Flyer

Yeah I'm loving this already!  :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

NARSES2

Looks like an Fw 190 fitted with those massive over wing ferry fuel tanks.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

killnoizer

I hope the look will change after cutting nearly the half of the tanks away  ...
I have to use a very large file for that , thought about three different positions for the engines and decided to take the upper one, this time .
Compared with the size of the 262 engine housings the tanks will fit very well . They seems to be a NATO standard size , I found them in nearly every modern fighter kit in our storage ( we just catchend about a dozen kits two weeks ago, my wife is just building a two seat eurofighter ) . 

If someone have a set of decals from Jagdgeschwader 71 Richthofen in Wittmund  ....