Main Menu

The Mule

Started by Gondor, January 06, 2023, 04:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2023, 06:07:26 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 16, 2023, 04:51:31 PMFirst off I never use the cap..mine always has a .5mm piece of piano wire in the tube ..bent at the end ..the glue always flows but when I didn't do that I'd use a lighter to burn the blockage out.
Burns out very fast and doesn't set the rest of the glue on fire .

I remove the dispensing tube/needle and then hold it with pliers while I burn it clean.
Oh that works quite well and when the bottle is empty I rip out the tube and keep it..they come in quite handy  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2023, 06:07:26 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 16, 2023, 04:51:31 PMFirst off I never use the cap..mine always has a .5mm piece of piano wire in the tube ..bent at the end ..the glue always flows but when I didn't do that I'd use a lighter to burn the blockage out.
Burns out very fast and doesn't set the rest of the glue on fire .

I remove the dispensing tube/needle and then hold it with pliers while I burn it clean.

I have mentioned elsewhere that I remove the tube and hold it in pliers while burning the glue out of it over my gas cooker. Started using the wire recently and was supprised at the blockage which I drilled out as I could not be bothered to "toast the tube". I may have a go with the wire and drill on the second Contacta glue I have which for some reason has always appeared to be blocked  :unsure:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Finally got around to painting over the excess white, only taken three months  :rolleyes:

Parts of the fuselage roundels ended up comming off with all the palaver with the masking etc back last year but as I have a decent white to use now I will touch up the missing areas. Once that's dry I need to paint a blue band around the centre of the rear fuselage white band, that's going to be done free hand as I have confidence in using the new brushes I am using.

So progress!

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Not the best but with the way masking had gone previously I had decided to go free hand

Happier with this side

than this side

This is 1/72 scale and it's never been intended for a competition either. Sitting in the middle of a table at a show it will be good enough, especially if I tidy it up a little as this was the first pass with the blue.

Gondor

frank2056

Looks pretty realistic... These guys aren't using airbrushes or fancy masks:

PR19_Kit

Even the codes are rubbish on that Spitfire!  :o

Ah, maybe because they've been 'over painted' by the Stripe Crew?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

frank2056

Maybe they wanted to see how strict the German judges were?

Rick Lowe

"And it's a 4.5 from the East German Judge! Oh, rotten luck Johnny!"

Even when they're painting markings 'properly', they can sometimes be pretty rough - the Squadron Signal book on the P-40 (I think) has a close up of yellow/black checkertail markings that could have benefited from using some masking tape!
The comment was 'Modellers take heart!'...

Gondor

Got a bit of mojo today so had a go at improveing the stripes.

I did the rework today because there was a lack of colour density for some of the blue and I was sure that I could get the edges of the blue better in some places and I am sure that I have. It looks better, not perfect but better. Think I shall call that part done. I also touched up parts of the roundels and the fin where the white had either come off or looked too thin.

Gondor