Main Menu

Eagle GR.3

Started by Devilfish, January 09, 2023, 10:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

With the collapse of the Panavia consortium after the remaining countries couldn't agree a common spec for the aircraft, the RAF looked around for a suitable Buccaneer replacement.  It took until the late 80's until they settled on the F-15E.  already equipped with the F-15A as the Eagle F.1 and a few 2 seaters as conversion trainers/fighters, the TF.2, the F-15E was bought as the GR.3.  LRMTS and IR linescan was added, and the RAFG squadrons were the first to re-equip....

20230108_174959 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20230108_100755 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20230108_174920 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20230108_174912 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TomZ

Looks very good indeed!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Wardukw

Why does RAF camo making planes look so good .
Paul mate...looks amazing  :thumbsup:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Great build,  the M.O.D.UK did look at the F-15 as a replacement for the Lightning and the Buccaneer.
I was fortunate to be on a few NATO exercises during my time with the Royal Auxiliary Air Force 1986-1997 when the USAF flew F-15Bs as maritime strike attack against HMS  Liverpool,  well they can't fly as low as the Buccaneers but have an impressive rate of climb.

Pellson

Great build. Very nice touch with that Ferranti LRMTS.  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

killnoizer

I need this camo on my Defender this summer,  it is just wonderful.

Why did you not ad more BOMBS under the wings ...  :drink:
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Old Wombat

Beautiful :wub:

Looks awesome in that scheme & the bomb load tells you she means business! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Firefox

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 10, 2023, 01:28:20 AMBeautiful :wub:

Looks awesome in that scheme & the bomb load tells you she means business! :thumbsup:

Totally agree  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Devilfish

Quote from: killnoizer on January 10, 2023, 12:58:29 AMI need this camo on my Defender this summer,  it is just wonderful.

Because I ran out..... :rolleyes:

Wardukw

Quote from: Devilfish on January 10, 2023, 07:37:25 AM
Quote from: killnoizer on January 10, 2023, 12:58:29 AMI need this camo on my Defender this summer,  it is just wonderful.

Because I ran out..... :rolleyes:
;D  ;D  ;D  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: killnoizer on January 10, 2023, 12:58:29 AMWhy did you not ad more BOMBS under the wings ...  :drink:

Because the wings aren't LONG enough of course.................  ;)  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit