A submarine of sorts

Started by kerick, January 09, 2023, 11:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

My IPMS club has issued a "get out of your comfort zone" challenge. If you build tanks, build an aircraft. If you build cars, build a ship, etc. Since I build mostly aircraft with a couple of tanks along the way and I had a Lindburg Victor fuselage laying around with no wings I thought either sub or space ship. Also Mr. Fontaine had graciously sent my a big o' box of parts that happened to include a sub conning tower. I took this as the universe telling me to get on with it and started slapping said parts together.  A few other aircraft parts and this is what you get.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2oaKJMd]

The black base is the cover off the back of an old printer with a couple of brass rods.
I managed to finally print some acceptable decals using Hayes Paper Co. decal paper instead of stuff from Hobby Lobby. Maybe it was old but the ink just would not soak in or dry afterwards. This paper worked great and I printed extras of everything just in case.

Hopefully it turns out a little like this.

Blue Meanies are not required and need not apply.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Very cool, love the shape.  :lol:

I am just not certain about the tall fin, though? From a practical point of view I'd cut it down and add a ventral fin (part), too?

McColm

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

I agree with Dizzy about the fin, looks way too big. Other than that it looks fantastic  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

looking very promising so far  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

Definitely a Seaview vibe to it. I almost went that way but then the club challenge came up so I decided to get outrageous with it. It might get a deck and a four piece band. I just have to convert one guitar player to playing left handed. The tall fin actually plays into the Yellow Submarine's tall rudder. Not practical at all but oh well.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Here's a pic with two coats of white on it. I want a good base of white before trying the yellow shades.

The fin is about as tall as the sail which is silly in RW but this IS silly so I'm just going to run with it. If I ever take it to a show or exhibit maybe the corrup, ah, impressionable kids will get a kick out of it.
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on January 15, 2023, 09:24:27 PMThe fin is about as tall as the sail which is silly in RW but this IS silly so I'm just going to run with it. If I ever take it to a show or exhibit maybe the corrup, ah, impressionable kids will get a kick out of it.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

im sure that i read in some ones build here, that the best under coat for yellow was a pale pink....

any one else know where that was ??? :banghead:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!