A submarine of sorts

Started by kerick, January 09, 2023, 11:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ericr

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on February 08, 2023, 03:45:10 AM...I have fantasies about doing the opposite, i.e. taking the actual Yellow Submarine kit and giving it a "grimly realistic" makeover. Given the ridiculous collectors' prices they go for though, that's never likely to happen. My guess is that many of them are sitting unbuilt in the collections of completist Beatles fans rather than modeller's stashes...

It might not be as unlikely as you think.  The MPC kit was repopped recently.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on February 09, 2023, 02:16:40 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 08, 2023, 03:45:10 AM...I have fantasies about doing the opposite, i.e. taking the actual Yellow Submarine kit and giving it a "grimly realistic" makeover. Given the ridiculous collectors' prices they go for though, that's never likely to happen. My guess is that many of them are sitting unbuilt in the collections of completist Beatles fans rather than modeller's stashes...

How recently is "recently"?  I can't see any for sale in the UK.

The kit's been issued by both MPC and AMT/ERTL at various times.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kerick

It sprouted a guppy tail when I wasn't looking!

So all the paint is on now so it will be decal time here quickly.

I need to get on with this as next Saturday is the club's "Get out of your comfort zone" challenge reveal.  Decals, touch ups, mount on the base and assembly the band.
At least it doesn't look like this thing.

And you Aussies thought you had all the strange animals! Commonlly known as the Tully monster, it's the Illinois state fossile. Its only found in the Mazon Creek Lagerstätte which is only about 30 miles from my house. A very interesting place if you're into palentology.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tullimonstrum
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on February 09, 2023, 02:46:30 AM

Scalemates says 2012  but i'm sure i've seen it repopped more recently.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

That Tullimonstrum gregarium is certainly a weird one & just goes to show that there ain't nuthin' so weird that Humans can make that Nature can't do weirder! ;D  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 12, 2023, 05:21:09 AMThat Tullimonstrum gregarium is certainly a weird one & just goes to show that there ain't nuthin' so weird that Humans can make that Nature can't do weirder! ;D  ;)

Absolutely  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 12, 2023, 05:54:30 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 12, 2023, 05:21:09 AMThat Tullimonstrum gregarium is certainly a weird one & just goes to show that there ain't nuthin' so weird that Humans can make that Nature can't do weirder! ;D  ;)

Absolutely  ;D

And it had a three finned tail like an arrow.
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on February 12, 2023, 01:26:39 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 09, 2023, 02:46:30 AM

Scalemates says 2012  but i'm sure i've seen it repopped more recently.

I rememeber the re-pop in the tin can. It was stupidly expensive when it was out, and most of them went straight into the Beatles memorabilia market rather than through model shops.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kerick

Decals are on! Now some details and touch ups then the stand. Almost done.
Tophe the Wise

kerick

I'm declaring this model finished!

I'll try to complete the band in HO scale. New paint and a left handed guitar player. Maybe some equipment around the band.
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

That is EXCEPTIONAL!  :thumbsup:

I'm most impressed.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

wow!  like utterly wow!  :thumbsup:
very much the right feel.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rick Lowe

Ee, tha's greet, Lad! (probably the wrong County, but I heard John and Pauls' accents in my head, so close enough...)

Outstanding!  :thumbsup: