Scottish National Model Show 2023
Dewars Centre
Perth
PH2 0TH

29-30 April 2023
https://www.scotnats.org/

I reckon I shall be attending this.

NARSES2

I've got an 80th birthday bash to go to in April. Need to check dates.

Mind you isn't the hotel we stayed in a couple of years ago the one that had the recent fire with consequent fatalities ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 16, 2023, 06:10:46 AMI've got an 80th birthday bash to go to in April. Need to check dates.

Mind you isn't the hotel we stayed in a couple of years ago the one that had the recent fire with consequent fatalities ?

Not the same hotel - the one that burnt down was in the city centre. We mostly stay at the Albert Villa out on Dunkeld Road.

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2023, 08:20:20 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 16, 2023, 06:10:46 AMI've got an 80th birthday bash to go to in April. Need to check dates.

Not the same hotel - the one that burnt down was in the city centre. We mostly stay at the Albert Villa out on Dunkeld Road.

I simply commute from home

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2023, 08:20:20 AM

Ah, cheers Nick
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Booked my time off at work. I think I've played a blinder here by getting 12 days off while only using 6 days holiday.  ;D

I'll head up north on the Thursday before to break up the 8 hour drive with a stop at my sisters. Take the week after the show to explore Scotland.

May Bank Holiday is on 1st May, and the 8th May is King Charles' Coronation. God Save The King!  ;D   :drink:

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on March 02, 2023, 04:08:22 AMBooked my time off at work. I think I've played a blinder here by getting 12 days off while only using 6 days holiday.  ;D

I'll head up north on the Thursday before to break up the 8 hour drive with a stop at my sisters. Take the week after the show to explore Scotland.

May Bank Holiday is on 1st May, and the 8th May is King Charles' Coronation. God Save The King!  ;D   :drink:

Well done mate  :thumbsup:

Maybe you can accompany the Stone of Scone down to Westminster ?  :angel:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 03, 2023, 05:42:54 AMMaybe you can accompany the Stone of Scone down to Westminster ?  :angel:

Aren't you the one who says we're to keep politics out of this Forum?  ;)

Can you open an entry in The Book for yourself?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 03, 2023, 05:48:39 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 03, 2023, 05:42:54 AMMaybe you can accompany the Stone of Scone down to Westminster ?  :angel:

Nope  ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 03, 2023, 06:06:10 AM

Nope  ;D

Political corruption at its best! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 03, 2023, 06:49:07 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 03, 2023, 06:06:10 AM

Nope  ;D

Political corruption at its best! ;D

I wouldn't call it corruption, despotism I'll accept, but corruption ? Never  :angel:

The Wooksta!

Should be there on the Saturday, Tyneside will be up for it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

The following is the most relavent part of the pre-show guide sent out by the new show boss.

QuoteGuidance Notes for Exhibitors/Traders

1 Introductions
The Scottish National Scale Model Show (SNSMS) will be returning to its usual slot of the last weekend
in April for the 2023 show. Following the success of our first post lockdown show in 2022 we will be back
on the weekend of the 29th and 30th of April to welcome back all the clubs, SIGs, exhibitors and traders
old and new to the show.

2 Venue
The show will be held at the Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth, PH2 0TH.

3 Parking
Barriers and pay stations have now been installed at the Dewar's Centre to deter parking by non-Centre
users. As a result, the availability of parking at the Dewar's Centre has greatly improved.
All traders and exhibitors at the show will be able to get their tickets endorsed by staff in the Centre office
to get their parking free.
Anyone attending the show for the full day to display their work with clubs or SIGs will also be able to get
their ticket endorsed by Centre staff on production of their club ticket to reduce the cost to £1 for the day.
The general public attending the show will now find there is a lot more parking available to them.

4 Admission
The Show organizing team regrets the necessity of increasing entry prices, but the show now has a
greatly increased cost for the hire of the venue.
Admission prices to the show are as below:
� Adult £10 (allows entry for both Saturday and Sunday)
� Concession £5 (Pensioners {65 years and over}, Disabled, Students etc)
� Juniors (16/17 years old) £2 per day
Children under 16 free if accompanied by a responsible adult. Otherwise, junior rate of admission applies.
All tickets sold on Saturday will allow free re-entry to the show on the Sunday if shown at the door!
There will be no more free wristbands allocated to exhibitors, these will be offered at a reduced rate.
Note: The show has no electronic means of payment available, cash only.
5 Setup/Hall Opening (for Exhibitors and Traders)
The halls will be available for traders to setup on the Friday afternoon, and first thing on the Saturday
morning from 8am if you unable to setup on the Friday. Due to the number of exhibitors and traders
requiring access to the halls, it is imperative that vehicles are emptied promptly and vacate the halls in a
safe and orderly manner. Under no circumstance must vehicles be gradually emptied with displays being
setup at the same time. In simple terms Vehicle in, Vehicle emptied, Vehicle out. This is to ensure that
there are no delays which would affect others wishing to gain access to the halls and empty their vehicle.
If assistance is required to unload vehicles please ask and we will endeavour to assist as best possible.
Note: Public Opening Times are Saturday 10am to 5.00pm and 10am to 4.00pm on the Sunday.
Scottish National Scale Model Show 2023
Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th April

6 Food provisions
The Dewar's Café is situated on the upper level above hall 1, which is run by Lang's Foods and is open
for breakfast, lunches, tea, coffee and soft drinks etc. All food will be available as sit in or takeaway. The
adjacent Public Bar will be open to the public from 11:30am both days. For an up-to-date menu please
refer to the SNSMS website for details. The caterer has agreed to provide a trolley service on the floor
of the show, this is mainly for the benefit of traders, team members and exhibitors who cannot leave the
floor.

7 Show Itinerary
SNSMS 2023 – Show Itinerary
Saturday
08.00 – 10.00 Access for Exhibitors and Traders
10.00 am Show opens to Public
10.00 – 4.00 pm Make N Take
10.30 – 2.00 pm Competition registration
14.00 Competition Registration Closes
15.00 – 17.00 Competition Area Closed for Judging
17.00 pm Show closes
Sunday
08.00 – 10.00 Access for Exhibitors and Traders
10.00 am Show opens to Public
15.30 pm Competition results – trophies and prizes
16.00 pm Show closes - teardown
Show itinerary subject to change, please consult SNSMS website, Facebook page etc for any last minute
changes.

The big changefor us  is now there is no free entry for exhibitors this year. Im not sure what the mentioned reduced rate is at the moment.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

Will we get SIG membership cards to show for exibitor free parking ?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Quote from: Gondor on April 01, 2023, 04:00:34 AMWill we get SIG membership cards to show for exibitor free parking ?

Gondor
Last year it was pick up the ticket as normal at the barrier. Then drop by the reception in the entrance to get the ticket validated for the day. Having a box or two of stuff for the stand helps prove your not a punter. And getting there before the doors open for joe public helps just as much.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.