Scottish Nationals Perth 2023

Started by Nick, January 16, 2023, 05:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Martin H on April 01, 2023, 09:18:23 AM
Quote from: Gondor on April 01, 2023, 04:00:34 AMWill we get SIG membership cards to show for exibitor free parking ?

Gondor
Last year it was pick up the ticket as normal at the barrier. Then drop by the reception in the entrance to get the ticket validated for the day. Having a box or two of stuff for the stand helps prove your not a punter. And getting there before the doors open for joe public helps just as much.

Let me know when the doors open and I will see if I can get there in time. I have taken day's off work wither side so I can always catch up on sleep later

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

read the rest of the guide. The times are there.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

It's been a long week and you expected me to think!  :o

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Martin H

Quote from: Gondor on April 02, 2023, 01:26:18 AMIt's been a long week and you expected me to think!  :o

Gondor
Im sayin nothin  :mellow:  :-X  :mellow:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

Definitely not coming, due to my transport being double booked. His wife has a birthday and other events.

I'm still annoyed at this charging exhibitors nonsense, on top of asking clubs to pay for the tables. If this becomes the norm, I can see some push back and people voting with their feet.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

TsrJoe

the IPMS. 'What-If' and 'Project Cancelled' groups will be displaying IPMS. Scottish Nationals at Perth, 29/30 April 2023, drop by and say hi and anyone with any models for display at the tables feel free to bring them along 🙂
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

The Wooksta!

Can one of the Brethren in attendance keep an eye out for either an AZ Bf 109H or an Amodel Bf 109 V-31 ( the one with the wide track undercarriage).

Many thanks.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 21, 2023, 10:39:29 AMCan one of the Brethren in attendance keep an eye out for either an AZ Bf 109H or an Amodel Bf 109 V-31 ( the one with the wide track undercarriage).

Many thanks.

Would that be the H-0 or the H-1?

The Wooksta!

Either would be fine. Decals are irrelevant and given standard AZ practice, I assume it's the same plastic in the box anyway.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 21, 2023, 11:21:20 AMEither would be fine. Decals are irrelevant and given standard AZ practice, I assume it's the same plastic in the box anyway.

Only the wings are the same, the H-0 uses the AZ F sprues for the fuselage where the H-1 uses the AZ G sprues

The Wooksta!

It's the H wing that's the important bit, as I'll be using the rest from the K kit and I have a resin fin that fits.  The H-1 would be better as more spares on the G sprues.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 21, 2023, 11:52:17 AMIt's the H wing that's the important bit, as I'll be using the rest from the K kit and I have a resin fin that fits.  The H-1 would be better as more spares on the G sprues.

You could probably get an H-0 from ebay

The Wooksta!

There's a couple in Germany that aren't too expensive but if anyone were to spot one here life would be simpler,

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 21, 2023, 01:52:00 PMThere's a couple in Germany that aren't too expensive but if anyone were to spot one here life would be simpler,

Will keep my eyes open as I am looking for a second H-1 myself so I hope if there are any that there are two then everyone is happy.

NARSES2

I'll keep my eyes open at the South Downs show as well Lee
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.