Me 262 - w.1

Started by killnoizer, January 16, 2023, 12:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 17, 2023, 05:27:46 AMThat looks neat - and enough space in the nose for a big(ger) gun?  ;)  I'd just suggest a higher tailplane position - if not a T-tail?

Like this?  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Pellson

Quote from: Flyer on January 17, 2023, 05:41:57 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 17, 2023, 05:27:46 AMThat looks neat - and enough space in the nose for a big(ger) gun?  ;)  I'd just suggest a higher tailplane position - if not a T-tail?

Like this?  ;D

WOW!! :o
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Flyer

Vultee Vengeance wings on that BTW, I think they suit the Stuka very nicely.

killnoizer

Did you realy use that tape to fix the parts together ? 
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

NARSES2

Quote from: Flyer on January 17, 2023, 06:01:55 AMVultee Vengeance wings on that BTW, I think they suit the Stuka very nicely.

They do indeed  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

killnoizer

Quote from: Flyer on January 17, 2023, 05:39:09 AMAnd hopefully this may provide some inspiration for future jet conversions.

You have said that you are lacking in spare parts/kit's to use, and I seen your use of drop tanks for engine's on your P-40 and Fw-190 and how good they look may I suggest looking into various ball point pens.

When I built this kitbash flying wing (P-38, Grumman F-9F Panther and smaller parts from Vultee Vengeance and even a Blackburn Skua) I wanted to make it into a two seater (from T-6) and give it a larger engine.

I don't remember what the nose piece was from, but I do remember that it was also some other sort of non-model household object.

Anyhow thread hijack over, back to your wonderful 262! :thumbsup:

You're welcome, nice Jet that you made , looks realy good, and the Ball Pens are a good suggestion, thank you !

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Flyer

Quote from: killnoizer on January 17, 2023, 07:26:55 AMYou're welcome, nice Jet that you made , looks realy good, and the Ball Pens are a good suggestion, thank you ! 

Thanks, and your welcome  :thumbsup:

BTW a inner tube piece of that same pen became the exhaust of this:

Flyer

Quote from: killnoizer on January 17, 2023, 06:58:35 AMDid you realy use that tape to fix the parts together ? 

Only for the use as a mock up so that things can be moved around to see how well the parts look in various placements.

Like this:

Standard tail
T-tail
Inverted V-tail

And sometimes I'll build a basic outline flying model of an idea just to see how the silhouette looks in the sky, or even if it does fly like the inverted V-tail here.

Some other examples:

Twin Spitfire

Spitfire wings on a Buffalo

Stuka wings on a Panther

Top view of how I think it might have looked

frank2056

The Spitfire wings on the Buffalo looks... oddly appealing. It makes it look more like a baby P-47 than a Buffalo (or a Spitfire)

PR19_Kit

I must remember to buy shares in Tamiya.....................  ;D  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Flyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 17, 2023, 08:33:19 PMI must remember to buy shares in Tamiya.....................  ;D  ;)

If you wish, but I'd never use expensive name branded tape for that sort of tack together work, cheap dollar store stuff only, you know the stuff that won't stick when you want it to, or come off when finished... probably why I needed to use so much of it at the time.

Tophe

Congratulations for the V-tail Twin-Spitfire :thumbsup: . Does this model have its own thread/topic? :unsure:  ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Flyer

No, sorry Tophe. It is still unfinished and and no further along than in that picture. Need to find (or build) some suitable floats for it, then it may get completed.

NARSES2

Quote from: frank2056 on January 17, 2023, 07:03:45 PMThe Spitfire wings on the Buffalo looks... oddly appealing. It makes it look more like a baby P-47 than a Buffalo (or a Spitfire)

Yup very P-35, P-43 ish. Maybe the missing link ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

frank2056

Brewster wanted to improve the flight characteristics of the Buffalo, so they contracted Seversky to help with the upgrade, but Seversky was too busy to meet the deadline on their own, so they subcontracted the wing design to Supermarine.