BAC Lightning Thunderbolt F.1 ++FINISHED ++

Started by McColm, January 21, 2023, 01:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

This was originally an entry for the Canberra Hunter Lightning Group Build but I never finished it in time so I have put it here.
The donor model is the Sword 1/72 E.E. Lightning T.Mk.5 with resin BAC TSR.2 wings and vertical tail fin. The nose cone I think came from a Tornado GR.1 and the engine air intake is from the Boeing X-32.
The Thunderbolt is joined by the H.P. Victor AEW.an aircraft that it would have provided fighter cover for.

The landing gear has been added and remarkably no additional  weight used on both models,
In the background is my rendition in 1/72 the Boeing SST.

Another side view, lurking in the background is the Shorts Merlin AEW.1.

DogfighterZen

Looks like something from a cartoon. Sleek little thing. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

McColm

PR19_Kit

I like the Thunderbolt, that works very well.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Tophe

Congratulations for your Lightning with like aesthetic surgery (so much prettier than the true one) :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

Quote from: Tophe on February 23, 2023, 06:27:40 AMCongratulations for your Lightning with like aesthetic surgery (so much prettier than the true one) :thumbsup:
Thanks

McColm

PRU blue is well suited to this build. Even the Airfix Aircraft Recovery Set looks good!

Tophe

Good choice of color! :thumbsup:
(close to the plain light blue I use myself everywhere on aircraft models) ;)

Tophe

I think the paint is dry now, have you find the time to go further? :unsure:  ;)

McColm

Quote from: Tophe on April 10, 2023, 06:01:51 AMI think the paint is dry now, have you find the time to go further? :unsure:  ;)
As I'm still recovering from four pulmonary embolisms and not likely to return to work until the summer of 2026,it will be finished by then.

Tophe

Poor McColm, take care of your health, this is priority number 1. We will wait for enjoyment, all right. :unsure:  <_<

Captain Canada

Nice work Steven ! I really like the heavies you are building. Get well soon !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 10, 2023, 11:09:11 AMNice work Steven ! I really like the heavies you are building. Get well soon !
Thanks Captain  :thumbsup:

thundereagle1997

Here's an idea for an amphibious seaplane fighter: An updated F2Y-1 modified with canards a bubble canopy twin pairs air intakes (1 side mounted pair  shut on water opened when out of water & the other aerodynamically mounted at the rear near the twin vertical tails a MIG-21 style tailplane armed with 2 30mm cannons & 42 air to air missiles (21 radar seeking (an air to air version of the agm-88 harm) & 21 heat seeking missiles.