BAC Lightning Thunderbolt F.1 ++FINISHED ++

Started by McColm, January 21, 2023, 01:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on April 15, 2023, 03:26:05 AMHere's an idea for an amphibious seaplane fighter: An updated F2Y-1 modified with canards a bubble canopy twin pairs air intakes (1 side mounted pair  shut on water opened when out of water & the other aerodynamically mounted at the rear near the twin vertical tails a MIG-21 style tailplane armed with 2 30mm cannons & 42 air to air missiles (21 radar seeking (an air to air version of the agm-88 harm) & 21 heat seeking missiles.
The ski landing gear is a good idea.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McColm

McColm

The undercarriage from the 1/72 Italeri Lockheed SR-71A Blackbird kit fits the Sword BAC Lightning T.Mk.5/Lightning Thunderbolt which is looking more like a cartoon character, maybe a shark nose and eyes decals for the nose cone.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

Further additions, an arrestor hook and a couple of Sparrow air-to-air missiles on the wingtips

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

I think they're Sidewinders you have there, not Sparrows.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 31, 2023, 04:01:42 AMI think they're Sidewinders you have there, not Sparrows.
Yes you could be correct, the Sparrow is a lot larger than the sidewinder missiles.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on June 01, 2023, 06:58:21 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 31, 2023, 04:01:42 AMI think they're Sidewinders you have there, not Sparrows.

Yes you could be correct, the Sparrow is a lot larger than the sidewinder missiles.

A Sparrow has tri-angular wings front and rear too .
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

I couldn't find the canopy glazing that came with the Sword 1/72 BAC Lightning T.Mk.5 so I have used the canopy from the Italeri Convair B-58 Hustler. It's a close fit with a bit of putty/filler. I know that experienced Whiffers would have polished out the scratches but it's not the same when I do it so it will be painted.
Joining the Thunderbolt is some of it's friends.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

It's getting there.

The other side.