Churchill BARV - Done !

Started by buzzbomb, January 27, 2023, 11:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

It's like a mini Jawa sand crawler.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

buzzbomb

Quote from: zenrat on January 31, 2023, 02:59:13 AMIt's like a mini Jawa sand crawler.
 :thumbsup:
it does have that vibe  ;)

Getting near the end. Added the walkways, although I would really like to have a do over on that. Did not get the grain right and it is all over the place, plus the joins are lot more obvious than what I would have liked.
Sadly I did not have enough brass mesh on hand to do one piece job, that would have made it much easier to handle. Oh well it is not a competition model by any stretch.
Added grab handles around the superstructure and tow cables and some chains

Front view with pushing rig

Quick primer coat to really highlight the missed and missing bits. There are a few, so another session to fix all that.
I have been on/off about rivets vs welded for the front face. it sort of looks wrong without the rivets, so another thing on the fix list

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That looks so very plausible, to my un-trained eyes anyway.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Lord_Voyager

Gets me thinking... An uncommon occurrence really.

Has anyone tried to take say, an H/O scale locomotive and attach 1/72 scale tank tracks to it? perhaps throw some MB barbettes on top? maybe hauling a long tom artillery?

Owww. headache now.

Dizzyfugu

Reality can be stranger than fiction...  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2023, 03:53:50 AMThat looks so very plausible, to my un-trained eyes anyway.  :thumbsup:

Does to mine as well, indeed I can't get my brain around the fact that the Churchill wasn't used as the basis for a BARV ? It was used for almost everything else.

I'm also convinced that one of those vents on the roof is for the steam from when they have a brew  :rolleyes:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

buzzbomb

So pretty much this is it

With its Sherman cousin, this Sherman BARV is a really old build that was cobbled together for a club display, so not really that accurate.

Pellson

Dead cool! I get a strong medieval feeling!  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

You could put that in the Bovingdon Museum's model collection and everyone would believe it!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

That is awesome, BT! 8)

Looks so steampunk it's scary! :o ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

killnoizer

L I K E    A   LOT  !    Thank you for that nice ideas , very inspiring .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/