Revell 1:35 Tiger 1 with mine roller.

Started by The Chaos, January 28, 2023, 01:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

If your lazy like me, try sewing the plastic tracks.  First you sew them end to end and then put them on the wheels.  In order to simulate the sag of the tracks, use some thread and a needle.  Thread it thru the top run the track behind the wheels and then into the lower run of track and back again.  Hey, presto, you can simulate the sag of the tracks.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

buzzbomb

Metal tracks always look spiffy and well worth the effort.
Ok painting can be a bit of a pill but again once done, well worth the effort

Wardukw

Rick ive done that and me being me it still didn't look right .still didn't have that natural sag but at the time I didn't even know about metal tracks and it's a good bet there was no way I could afford em ..hell even now I still can't....there over $70nz a set now .

Buzzy mate I've got a great way to weather metal tracks and it's dead easy...using pigments from Ammo.
Using different colours or the colours from what ever area ya wat the tank to be just dab this all over the tracks and then soak it with pigment fixer and let it dry..bingo mate..they always look damn good and very natural ...for that extra bit of detail ..this only works for full metal tracks. Not ones with rubber blocks ..I just gently sand the surface which contacts the ground..steel tracks get very polished when moving thru dirt.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on February 22, 2023, 07:52:35 PMIf your lazy like me, try sewing the plastic tracks. 

My mum used to do it for me  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 24, 2023, 03:22:00 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on February 22, 2023, 07:52:35 PMIf your lazy like me, try sewing the plastic tracks. 

My mum used to do it for me  ;D
:lol:  :lol:
The only sewing my mum did for me was sewing up all the tears I'd get in my clothes I'd get playing war ..my got annoyed and taught me how to sew and I still do all my own sewing.
Even the tracks on that Leo 1 monstrosity I'm building are sewed..there off a Abrams and the Leo is a fare bit shorter than the Abrams so cuttin and sewing was did  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 24, 2023, 11:13:45 AMThe only sewing my mum did for me was sewing up all the tears I'd get in my clothes I'd get playing war ..my got annoyed and taught me how to sew and I still do all my own sewing.

Mum taught me to sew as well. She got around my complaints that it was a "girlies job" by explaining that my dad had had to do his sewing in the navy during the war so I should learn as well  ;D  I'm not very neat, but I can do the essential stuff  :thumbsup:  I refused to learn to knit though
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Mum and dad were the same when it came to needle and thread..dad with his hunting and mum with my crap..ive never stitched a single thingy with knitting and I never will..it's not a case of won't..it's a case of can't wear wool so I'm lucky there .
My sis can't knit either..that's mums domain ..when ever she decides to that is.

The Chaos

Old Wombat

All that exquisitely done PE is, probably, one of the reasons all your builds seem streets ahead of mine.

Excellent work! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Lovely PE work there..super clean again ..kinda get me in the mood for my wiffy Tiger but I'm going to build a entirely new turret for that.

The Chaos

Next Update the antenna and the Block /lol in german it is Block  ;D  ) and the big shovel.
very small parts.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2