Revell 1:35 Tiger 1 with mine roller.

Started by The Chaos, January 28, 2023, 01:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Getting better & better with each post! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 23, 2023, 11:22:15 AMGetting better & better with each post! :thumbsup:
Agreed matey ...very much so  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Chaos

I panted the figures. i am not a master.

Wardukw

Quote from: The Chaos on May 30, 2023, 11:58:15 PMI panted the figures. i am not a master.
Still mate..not bad at all  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
I've been painting figures for yrs and I still suck.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Eyes are a right pain to paint & take a very fine brush & very steady hands.

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 31, 2023, 12:52:42 AMEyes are a right pain to paint & take a very fine brush & very steady hands.
Eyes suck ..great for seeing but for painting..they suck...a simple way to describe it but quite adequate  ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on May 31, 2023, 01:05:07 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 31, 2023, 12:52:42 AMEyes are a right pain to paint & take a very fine brush & very steady hands.
Eyes suck ..great for seeing but for painting..they suck...a simple way to describe it but quite adequate  ;D

I used to have a 3-bristle brush (with the bristles held together at the base with superglue) for painting the whites & a single-bristle brush to paint the irises (cut off at about 3/4-length, so the paint blobbed right on the end, rather than back from the tip like it usually does).

PR19_Kit

A single bristle brush? I thought they were just a joke thing!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Mine were home made but, yes, they do exist & it was an idea I picked up from a modelling magazine back in the 1980's.

I find it's often best to paint the face, add the eyes, then re-paint the upper & lower eye lids.

Wardukw

I'll admit yrs ago I would paint eyes and the rest but now my hands are now nowhere near as steady as they used to be and thats annoying.. also there was such along break between painting figures I kinda lost what little talent I had .

kerick

I've heard of painting the eyes first then the rest of the face. Personally I never got past the application of "flesh" colored paint. Yeah that sucked.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

That's the way I used to paint Ken...that way you don't have to be super careful..it's a much easier way to go.
If I do paint the eyes of a  figure again will be like a 1/16th scale one..good size to play with.

buzzbomb

Really nice paint work on the tank.

Not heading down the dark alley of figure finishing.. I have given it away due to old age and running out of hair to pull out.
These days I just use washes for Vehicle figures as they are not the main event.

The Chaos

Ready for Weathering.

I overpaint the eys with skin tone and make it with a washing.

Old Wombat