Main Menu

Modified X Wing

Started by Wardukw, January 30, 2023, 11:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Flyer on February 11, 2023, 03:24:06 AMI knew I made the right choice as to who pass this on to! That looks fan-bloody-tastic!!! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Cheers mate  ;D ..trust me dude I'm still chuffed I scored this off ya..I do like how this is turning out.

Quote from: kerick on February 11, 2023, 05:04:04 AMI think that paint job is fantastic! I've got to ask how did you do that? Did you mask off each color separately? You must have went through a lot of tape. Or did you go the paint layer system where apply the lightest color, mask the parts you want then the second color, mask it etc? I think I would have tried printing various color decals.
Kerick matey  ;D ...tape and a pen and ruler and knives..well blades  ;)
I just took a couple of pieces of 35mm tape..say 150ish mm long..then measured 5mm wide strips and then free handed what designs I wanted..if you look at the paint you'll notice that all of the masks are in a straight line..except for the masks which cross over and those angles are pretty much the same too.
Primer is black ..darkest colour first..then the brown..then dark yellow and then the light green..the reason is free pre shading .
First off I put down the masks for the black..then spray the brown over the whole model..then mask again and so on ..I don't remove any masks until is finished and bone dry..then gently remove the masks and ya done  ;D
The decal option is not one I can use as I don't have anything even close to what I've done here and the decals I will use are just odds and ends from my decals box ..I'll get the layout done today for those and start weathering it  ;D .

Chris ..Su..thank ya guys  ;D ...I do hope the weathering goes as well as everything else so far  <_<
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Thanks for the explanation. That's the way I do anything with a splinter style camo. Or the Berlin Brigade camo on my Sherman/Bradley crossover. If I did what you did I would seriously consider printing my own decals for it to avoid the build up of layers of paint. But that's just me. Yours looks awesome. Another wish I had thought of that moment!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

That's the thing..the build up of paint is very minimal cause of the air brush and when you gloss it for weathering the edges pretty much disappear which makes life even better ..im happy with the results as this is only the second time I've done this as far as I can remember.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

That looks great! Wanna see this finished now... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Wardukw

Just finished putting the decals on this matey..pin wash is next  ;D

Wardukw

Will be coming mate ..trust me ..we're kinda busy at the mo dealing with a cyclone.

Rick Lowe

Looking good, Phill - keep it up!  :thumbsup:

And stay as safe and dry as you can...

kerick

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 13, 2023, 08:45:07 PMLooking good, Phill - keep it up!  :thumbsup:

Yes, we don't want this one to blow away. Oh, and you too!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on February 13, 2023, 08:52:08 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 13, 2023, 08:45:07 PMLooking good, Phill - keep it up!  :thumbsup:

Yes, we don't want this one to blow away. Oh, and you too!
Hahaha yeah boys it's all good ..fact it's not been that bad really..alot of wind and rain but none mental..we've had stronger winds here before in fact..no broken branches of a big size at all..didn't even come close to flooding ..roads blocked of course ..probably more than 30 roads closed on the Coromandel Peninsula right now and not even sure if they have started to clear any of it yet.
They better as our road is the only road here to get around to Coromandel township...been pretty narly everywhere else tho.

Rick Lowe

Yeah, from all accounts it'll be a while to get all the cleanup done.

Wardukw

Ya gonna love this...we're still trapped..yet the road is open from thames to the slip and from the slip up to Coromandel township...so we can't go anywhere anyway cause the folks who work and live here all work in Thames...so all the work they've done to clean the slips up have done us no good what so ever.
Now the X Wing is finished..looks pretty good and I'm happy how it turned out..can I show you guys?? Nope ..hopefully in a couple of days at the max.

Rick Lowe

Stuck at home with the workbench... what a shame, I feel for you...  ;)

Wardukw

Hahaha yeah I know it's a bugger but I'm starting to get close to running out of my meds and worst of all...my cat will need food and man ya don't want to get near the psycho when he's hungry  :lol:

DogfighterZen

Glad the weather wasn't too harsh but i hope you manage to get food soon, that cat might turn on his survival instincts...  ;D
Can't wait to see this one finished! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"