1950's GB - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, February 01, 2023, 06:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

At £4 including postage, I can't really go wrong
secretprojects forum migrant

Gondor

Quote from: Caveman on February 15, 2023, 01:04:53 PMAt £4 including postage, I can't really go wrong

I thought the same about it as a general reference item rather as material for the Group Build so I also bought a copy.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

'57 Chevy four-door, Ocean City, Maryland 2010.

There's a fair number of similar conversions running around out there.

You cannot view this attachment.

sandiego89

Guess I am not the only one thinking RAE, but not an obvious type........
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

Republic XF-84H Thunderscreech.  First flight 22nd July 1955.   ;D

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on February 16, 2023, 04:08:56 AMRepublic XF-84H Thunderscreech.  First flight 22nd July 1955.   ;D

UK equivalent of that based on a Swift, the idea being that it's literally impossible to make the standard nose look worse...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on February 16, 2023, 05:11:30 AMUK equivalent of that based on a Swift, the idea being that it's literally impossible to make the standard nose look worse...

And it's about the right shape too, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Where's that spare Frog Wyvern I had?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 16, 2023, 08:22:56 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 16, 2023, 05:11:30 AMUK equivalent of that based on a Swift, the idea being that it's literally impossible to make the standard nose look worse...

And it's about the right shape too, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Where's that spare Frog Wyvern I had?  :-\

You might be disappointed: the Swift fuselage is VERY narrow forward of the intakes, and the pilot practically sits on the inside of the lower skin.

Havn't checked it, but it strikes me that a Skyhawk front end might do the job. The raised cockpit floor would leave just enough room for a drive shaft underneath it, and the shape of the nose would put the prop right in line with that shaft.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

I hae successfully transplanted the nose section from a Matchbox Mystère IV onto a Swift fuselage - instead of the nose intake there would be much space for a big prop and maybe a (tight) Wyvern-esque air intake ring?

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on February 15, 2023, 04:02:06 PM'57 Chevy four-door, Ocean City, Maryland 2010.

There's a fair number of similar conversions running around out there.

You cannot view this attachment.

I have everything in that picture..ive got big off-road tyres....4x4 mechanicals ...stonking big engines and a completely unbuilt 57 Chev  :wacko:
And I don't know where my brain was but I didn't even think of armour and ve got a perfectly Centurion doing nothing at all .🤨
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

I'd shorten the wheelbase by one set of doors - make it more manoeuvrable off road.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 21, 2023, 03:25:50 AMI'd shorten the wheelbase by one set of doors - make it more manoeuvrable off road.

Would that be a Nomad Coupe?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

How about a soft-top Landrover modded by a rock-n-roll-struck English farmer's boy to resemble the '57 Chevvy he hasn't a hope in hell of ever seeing in the flesh, let alone buying? Flat panel "tail fins" with four Landrover "bullet" lights in the back of each, chrome visors around the headlights, chrome bumpers and trim, flames-over-candy paint job, etc... ;D

- Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 21, 2023, 07:19:11 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 21, 2023, 03:25:50 AMI'd shorten the wheelbase by one set of doors - make it more manoeuvrable off road.

Would that be a Nomad Coupe?  ;)

Or a very fat wannabe 'Vette
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: Weaver on February 21, 2023, 07:20:57 AMHow about a soft-top Landrover modded by a rock-n-roll-struck English farmer's boy to resemble the '57 Chevvy he hasn't a hope in hell of ever seeing in the flesh, let alone buying? Flat panel "tail fins" with four Landrover "bullet" lights in the back of each, chrome visors around the headlights, chrome bumpers and trim, flames-over-candy paint job, etc... ;D

I rather like the idea of a Land Rover GTI.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet