1950's GB - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, February 01, 2023, 06:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Just been watching a video about a little known aircraft which would fit right into this Group Build

I have no intent to build this, it's just something I saw that I thought someone might be interested in. I also checked Scalemates which didn't turn up anything.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Interesting but it's a pity the commentator knows very little about aviation!

Anyone who's even slightly in the field knows that the RR engine the F-26 was proposing to use is pronounced NEEN, not 'Nay-Nay'.   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

On Fokker's time scale, even if it had been built, and that wasn't in their plans, it would have flown at around the same time as the Comet.

I would make a prefect Whiff, but not for this GB, it's too early. :-)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 18, 2023, 11:02:27 AMAnyone who's even slightly in the field knows that the RR engine the F-26 was proposing to use is pronounced NEEN, not 'Nay-Nay'.   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Just like some folks insist on pronouncing MEEM as "Me-Me"
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

If ya want a  good laugh just listen to that guy try to pronounce German words...he's getting better but sit terrible..it's like he's never heard them spoken before .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Looks like a jet powered Dakota  to me.

Wardukw

With that nose ..Curtiss C-46 Commando Mac...the 46s nose is more rounded than a 47.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

scooter

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 18, 2023, 12:00:05 PMWith that nose ..Curtiss C-46 Commando Mac...the 46s nose is more rounded than a 47.
I was thinking C-46 with either a pair of scale-orama Jumos from a 262 or J47s from a Stratojet
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

What ever those engines came from Scooter mate that plane would have never been any good .
Imagine one hard landing with engines that close to the ground...and even how close would those engines have gotten to mother earth when and if that thing was ever fully loaded...that pic that Gondor gave us also show the gear fully extended to.
The designer might as well have put those engines on top of the wing for all the good it would have done.

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 18, 2023, 11:02:27 AMOn Fokker's time scale, even if it had been built, and that wasn't in their plans, it would have flown at around the same time as the Comet.

But it would have been in service in the 1950's Kit which is why I added the link to the video here.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

The Fokker 27 and the Herald look very similar.

McColm

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 18, 2023, 12:00:05 PMWith that nose ..Curtiss C-46 Commando Mac...the 46s nose is more rounded than a 47.
You could use the engines from the Sword Skyknight and possibly the wings as well  if anyone wants to build it.

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 18, 2023, 11:02:27 AMInteresting but it's a pity the commentator knows very little about aviation!

Anyone who's even slightly in the field knows that the RR engine the F-26 was proposing to use is pronounced NEEN, not 'Nay-Nay'.  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

On Fokker's time scale, even if it had been built, and that wasn't in their plans, it would have flown at around the same time as the Comet.

He's confused the river with the Hawai'ian goose, the Nēnē, which is pronounced "nay-nay".

;) ;D

thundereagle1997

F-106 upgrade simular to the F-102F but with canard foreplanes a bubble canopy a mig-21 style tailplane 2 GIAT 30 30mm cannons and 2 F-404 engines

McColm

A navalized Douglas B-66 Destroyer before the Skywarrior was built.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 18, 2023, 11:02:27 AM...I would make a prefect Whiff, but not for this GB, it's too early. :-)

Is that a whiff which Chris has empowered to oversee the other whiffs dobbing them in reporting their behaviour to him?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..