Post-Apocalypse Diorama #2

Started by Old Wombat, February 01, 2023, 08:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

OK, you've all met the Motorcycle of the Apocalypse;

If you haven't, look here: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49608.0

Well, I've started the diorama that it will be displayed on. Work is still in progress & is moving along steadily, if not rapidly.

Here are the "protagonists" of the scene:

Slightly blurry, but you get the idea.

Next is the base:

I'm in the process of "busying it up" & this photo is actually one I took so I could reference it when I go to put these pieces back onto the base.

Anyway, I'm building again, & that is a good thing!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Loving it Guy..ya know me and the post apocalyptic stuff ..I must say..the lady has a very nice choice of shotgun there with that Benelli M4 ...a very nice piece I can tell ya .
I would have thought that the biker would have gone for a assault rifle but in those times you use what you have or can find so that bolt action will work ..could be a number of different types but ill go with a M700 Remington on the bike ..still a very nice rifle..guess how I know  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

I've had an idea for a apocalyptic dio for ages and there's one thing I've wanted in it since day one..skeletons ..at least a couple and that problem No1..there out there at either stupid prices ..or out of stock or waiting damn near 3 months to get em ..thr wait time is the problem ..the longer the wait to more chance they have of going byebye.
Don't ya hate having ideas which ya can't act on.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Thanks, Phill! :bow:

The base is, so far, just me splashing paint, pigment & washes over a Vallejo "Rubble street section" (SC002) Scenics Diorama Base.

The woman (I think she looks more like she's in her mid to late teens ;)) is an Armor35 (out of Russia) "Fantasy model after the disaster: Girl (stalker)" (ARM35909) figure. She comes with a Kalashnikov in her hands but I swapped that out for a Live Resin (again, Russian) M1014 (Benelli M4 Super 90) Tactical Shotgun, as I did for her very Soviet looking backpack. I, also, filled in her exposed breasts; she was wearing a top that was better suited for night clubbing with the intention of hooking up for a one-nighter than surviving the post-apocalyptic wastes.

The rifle is what one might be able to own/access in Australia (given our overly restrictive gun laws) but the Benelli moves out of that restriction because I had to find something that would fit the lass' hand positions.

Wardukw

Mate you did a lovely job on the female because she really looks russian on the box top but not anymore ..nice work  ;D
Yup your gun laws are pretty damn tight for sure mate and the M4 is a shotgun but would still come under some sort of restrictions as it's a 8 shot but in zombie world it's not anymore  :thumbsup:
One thing you might have forgotten matey is that Australia does have a army don't it and I'm pretty sure they carry assault rifles mmi know they did carry AUGs but don't know now ..even the nz army has made upgrades in the rifles department..would be a M4/M16 based jobbie as it seems most use something like that.
You shouldn't have to much trouble getting a L1A1 or SLR rifle there in OZ mate..a friend of my dad's has 9 of em ..he lives in Brisbane..got a great collection..afew of my dad's weapons are in his collection now.

AeroplaneDriver

Really love what you've done with the "girl" figure.  Makes it looks much more Post-Apoc appropriate.  Looking forward to watching this one come together. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Speaking of figures...Guy can paint a damn good one  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Thanks, gents! :bow:

Phill, I do "mediocre" figures at best; the overall figures are pretty good but the skin bits always leave quite a bit to be desired, up close at least, especially if compared to what dedicated figure modellers can do. And, yes, I did ,& do, remember we have (had in this scenario) an Army; the problem with military bases is that there aren't that many of them & any surviving locals will get to them before you do & will probably "shoot first & ask questions later". Your best option is owning firearms yourself & accessing them, or being lucky enough to find a gun shop or a house with a gun safe with firearms in it (after the effort of breaking into it it'd be heart breaking if it was empty).

Wardukw

Dedicated figure painters we are not that's for sure but remember we are our own worse critics anyway and sorry matey ..your figures are pretty damn good .
I was thinking about the weapons side of things in OZ ..yep the army have a pretty good pile of em but that's about it..it's not like the states where pretty much every man and his dog ..his cat and his goldfish have at least one ..or a dozen..and yip if a unit of soldiers did get dead from a horde you would need to have luck on your side for sure .
Like ya said if the locals didn't get them first and they weren't discovered by another unit cause the patrol was late you would be in with a good chance of getting your hands on at least a couple of hand guns and grenades but if luck was on your side..you'd still have to kill em again but once done..it's xmas time.
Knowing my luck the reason the unit got takin out was because they'd run out of ammo and only had knives left...then I'd have to hunt down ammo..a never ending circle of annoyances.

Old Wombat

Well,  that didn't take long! :lol:

Completed! :thumbsup:

Here are the (lots of) photo's:

If you've managed to get through that lot; Well done! :bow:  :party:

Any constructive criticism welcome.

Cheers! :cheers:

Guy

PS: If anyone can come up with a reasonable title for this, I'm all eyes! :blink:

Rheged

A title?   It needs a simple, single word such as "Encounter"  or "Aftermath" .      Longer possibilities include "Chance Meeting Amongst  the Debris"   or  "I'd go the other way, stranger"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Wardukw

Simple is the way to go sometimes Guy and still have a heap of impact..this does..the first meeting in the waste lands...from there your imagination can go anywhere it wants.
I like it mate ..tells a story..very important that..the figures look sweet..yeah mate ..a little beauty  :thumbsup:  ;D

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"