DH Comet 4FF FINISHED!

Started by The Rat, February 01, 2023, 05:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Lovely Dave   ;D  great work in a tight space  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

That's looking the business already!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 05, 2023, 10:59:07 PMLovely Dave   ;D  great work in a tight space  :thumbsup:

It is indeed  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

I'd see it as a carrier for racing cars, maybe in Lotus colours.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

The Rat

DONE! I believe that most of this kit was glued together about 25 years ago, then sat unfinished, with no landng gear, windscreen, or decals. Hauled it on to the bench a couple of weeks back, intending on just finishing it as a Real World model. Yeah, right.

HACKSAW, STAT!  ;D  For some reason this idea just came to me, and it called out to be done. Bits were procured from the spares box for hinges and top support bar, metal wire salvaged from a surgical mask nose bridge was cut into 'L' shapes for the actual hinges, scrap plastic for floors, old landing gear door for the stowage area door. Very rough around the nose area where decals fell apart, might touch it up one day.

by Dave Bailey, on Flickr

by [url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/190327384@N02/"]Dave Bailey, on Flickr
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

But I can't help thinking that she looks broken. :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Looks great Dave  ;D
Ya gotta do sports cars bud..it would look even better with the arse of a Lotus sitting in there  :angel:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

That's utterly BRILL! I love the whole idea, and build too.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 07, 2023, 04:28:18 AMThat's utterly BRILL! I love the whole idea, and build too.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

As do I  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

TomZ

Wonderful idea and perfectly executed!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Great idea and it must feel nice to finally finish it ! I bet she's still up North flying in Buffalo Airways colours  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 07, 2023, 10:25:01 AMI bet she's still up North flying in Buffalo Airways colours  :thumbsup:

;D  ;D  ;D