Irish Air Corps

Started by Geoff, February 03, 2023, 03:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Geoff

Quote from: Geoff on April 09, 2023, 08:56:35 AM
Quote from: Mossie on April 09, 2023, 08:18:18 AM
Quote from: Geoff on April 09, 2023, 06:24:02 AMWhich treaty Mossie?

The 1922 one or the "Good Friday" one?  :unsure:

'22.

:thumbsup:

So the Irish Americans may have funded the IDF in '22 - 24 in a similar way Israel got funded in the 40's and 50's? Hmm my Sampson 2 could work.

Anyway I have built a real life Gladiator, and a Wif Fokker D-XXI in NMF as Denmark did to leave the Dutch cammo to Narses

NARSES2

Quote from: Geoff on April 11, 2023, 04:47:02 AMand a Wif Fokker D-XXI in NMF as Denmark did to leave the Dutch cammo to Narses

Thank you oh gracious one  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Geoff

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2023, 05:38:57 AM
Quote from: Geoff on April 11, 2023, 04:47:02 AMand a Wif Fokker D-XXI in NMF as Denmark did to leave the Dutch cammo to Narses

Sorry mate didn't mean it like that I just didn't want to nick your very good idea  :-\

NARSES2

Quote from: Geoff on April 11, 2023, 05:43:31 AM

Sorry mate didn't mean it like that I just didn't want to nick your very good idea  :-\

Sorry Geoff, I was joking, you are more than welcome to the Dutch cammo. I'm fascinated by the dark brown they used as an underside colour, just seems so odd ? If you want to go down the Dutch route on anything then Hataka do a lovely set of colours  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Geoff

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2023, 05:49:52 AM
Quote from: Geoff on April 11, 2023, 05:43:31 AM

Sorry Geoff, I was joking, you are more than welcome to the Dutch cammo. I'm fascinated by the dark brown they used as an underside colour, just seems so odd ? If you want to go down the Dutch route on anything then Hataka do a lovely set of colours  :thumbsup:

Cool! I do have the Hataka set as I have a long list of Cloogy wifs courtesy of Dutch Decals that did 2 wif decal sheets

Mossie

Quote from: Geoff on April 11, 2023, 04:47:02 AMSo the Irish Americans may have funded the IDF in '22 - 24 in a similar way Israel got funded in the 40's and 50's? Hmm my Sampson 2 could work.

Anyway I have built a real life Gladiator, and a Wif Fokker D-XXI in NMF as Denmark did to leave the Dutch cammo to Narses

Yes.  Maybe with P.26s in the 30s.  May have been interesting politically with the UK, especially depending on how frosty relations were with the Irish state.

Another possibility, is that Ireland remains entirely neutral and sources equipment away from the major powers.  The D.XXI has been mentioned, maybe the PZL.11, possibly the Avia B-534.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Geoff

Quote from: Mossie on April 11, 2023, 11:09:27 AM
Quote from: Geoff on April 11, 2023, 04:47:02 AMSo the Irish Americans may have funded the IDF in '22 - 24 in a similar way Israel got funded in the 40's and 50's? Hmm my Sampson 2 could work.

Yes.  Maybe with P.26s in the 30s.  May have been interesting politically with the UK, especially depending on how frosty relations were with the Irish state.

Another possibility, is that Ireland remains entirely neutral and sources equipment away from the major powers.  The D.XXI has been mentioned, maybe the PZL.11, possibly the Avia B-534.

Yep very good ideas there, really like the Avia idea, and spookily enough I have some in't stach   :wub:

Mossie

Having another thought, and keeping within our timeline, maybe the RAF wanted to keep Gladiators in reserve and offered Hawker Fury's instead?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on April 11, 2023, 11:09:27 AMAnother possibility, is that Ireland remains entirely neutral and sources equipment away from the major powers.  The D.XXI has been mentioned, maybe the PZL.11, possibly the Avia B-534.

I like the PZL idea I must admit, and yes I have a couple in the stash  ;)  Maybe One Week GB ?

Geoff

Quote from: Mossie on April 11, 2023, 11:24:50 AMHaving another thought, and keeping within our timeline, maybe the RAF wanted to keep Gladiators in reserve and offered Hawker Fury's instead?

Yes that would work

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2023, 11:50:18 PM
Quote from: Mossie on April 11, 2023, 11:09:27 AMAnother possibility, is that Ireland remains entirely neutral and sources equipment away from the major powers.  The D.XXI has been mentioned, maybe the PZL.11, possibly the Avia B-534.

I like the PZL idea I must admit, and yes I have a couple in the stash  ;)  Maybe One Week GB ?

So do I.  I have a couple of Avia's in 1/144 on the block (ie shelf of doom)

Turns out in '38 they were trying to get P-35's but the bean counters nixed it as they were US$55k each.

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2023, 11:50:18 PM

Checked the stash and I've got an 11 and a 24. Both by Azure.

Pellson

..as did Sweden, and we bought Italian. While the quality of these aircraft can be discussed, the MC202-205 series is just about as pretty as a piston fighter can get, if you're not a Spitfire, that is. Also, there's MANY designs to whif..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Geoff

Quote from: Pellson on April 13, 2023, 01:51:21 AM

..as did Sweden, and we bought Italian. While the quality of these aircraft can be discussed, the MC202-205 series is just about as pretty as a piston fighter can get, if you're not a Spitfire, that is. Also, there's MANY designs to whif..

Hmmm yes and Italy was neutral until 1940 as the RAF were ordering Caproni's as well.

So Cr-32's, or Cr-42's Macci 200's ooohhhh!

Beermonster58

Has the EMB-314 Super Tucano been considered as a candidate for this particular subject? The Hobbyboss 1/48 kit is rather nice, contains lots of things that go bang and, looks pretty mean! ;) 
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!