Irish Air Corps

Started by Geoff, February 03, 2023, 03:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Beermonster58 on May 18, 2023, 01:24:57 AMHas the EMB-314 Super Tucano been considered as a candidate for this particular subject? The Hobbyboss 1/48 kit is rather nice, contains lots of things that go bang and, looks pretty mean! ;) 

Would look great but no real improvement for an Air Defense role over the PC-9s they currently have. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Weaver

Article on Irish defence from RUSI:
https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/irish-airspace-and-waters-remain-europes-open-flank

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2023, 11:50:18 PM
Quote from: Mossie on April 11, 2023, 11:09:27 AMAnother possibility, is that Ireland remains entirely neutral and sources equipment away from the major powers.  The D.XXI has been mentioned, maybe the PZL.11, possibly the Avia B-534.

I like the PZL idea I must admit, and yes I have a couple in the stash  ;)  Maybe One Week GB ?

Poland was unable to export the PZL P.11 due to the limitations of the licencing agreement with Bristol Engines, which is why export models were the Gnome-Rhone-engined P.24s. There are several good quality recent models of the latter about (Special Hobby and ICM?)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on June 02, 2023, 05:07:48 PMI like the PZL idea I must admit, and yes I have a couple in the stash  ;)  Maybe One Week GB ?

Poland was unable to export the PZL P.11 due to the limitations of the licencing agreement with Bristol Engines, which is why export models were the Gnome-Rhone-engined P.24s. There are several good quality recent models of the latter about (Special Hobby and ICM?)

The nicest of the recent batch are the IBG ones. I've got a couple in the stash.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 03, 2023, 05:43:42 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 02, 2023, 05:07:48 PMI like the PZL idea I must admit, and yes I have a couple in the stash  ;)  Maybe One Week GB ?

The nicest of the recent batch are the IBG ones. I've got a couple in the stash.

I think IBG is what I meant. The other recent ones were Azur/Special Hobby
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on June 03, 2023, 09:55:00 AMI think IBG is what I meant. The other recent ones were Azur/Special Hobby

Yup Azzur have done a couple, quite nice kits
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Beermonster58

Well, I've decided to take up this theme! ;D  I've set aside an Airfix A-4C Skyhawk , JP.3 , F-51D and, Meteor F.8 for starters
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!