It's a Float Plane Jim, but not as you know it!

Started by Gondor, February 03, 2023, 11:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 29, 2023, 10:29:49 PM
Quote from: Gondor on March 29, 2023, 10:17:43 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 29, 2023, 04:24:34 PM
Quote from: Gondor on February 04, 2023, 04:55:42 AMIt will not be a model of the NCC-1701 with floats. Sorry to spoil anyone's hopes with the thread drift and all that

Gondor

I was just wondering about an Enterprise with the warp nacelles mounted on the bottom as floats.

Sort of Battleship Yamamota or whatever it is?

Gondor

I suppose it would he the inverse of that.  Obviously not your plan but good fodder for future inspiration! 

Now there's a thought - Space Carrier Enterprise...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on March 30, 2023, 02:37:56 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 29, 2023, 10:29:49 PM
Quote from: Gondor on March 29, 2023, 10:17:43 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 29, 2023, 04:24:34 PM
Quote from: Gondor on February 04, 2023, 04:55:42 AMIt will not be a model of the NCC-1701 with floats. Sorry to spoil anyone's hopes with the thread drift and all that

Gondor

I was just wondering about an Enterprise with the warp nacelles mounted on the bottom as floats.

Sort of Battleship Yamamota or whatever it is?

Gondor

I suppose it would he the inverse of that.  Obviously not your plan but good fodder for future inspiration! 

Now there's a thought - Space Carrier Enterprise...

But which one? CV-6, CVN-65 or CVN-80? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Gondor

As the decals are now on their way I can actually start this build knowing that I can dress it the way I want to  :wacko:

So what am I building?

In a more detailed explination than the title I will be combining the following items

The kit and conversion set decals will go elsewhere, I already have a kit for the aircraft's decals to go onto so they will not go to waste.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

An aquatic Stork!
Would that be a Heron, or a Flamingo?
Or maybe a Brolga?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on April 01, 2023, 04:49:55 AMAn aquatic Stork!
Or maybe a Brolga?

Well a Stork is a wading bird  :rolleyes:

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Wardukw

This is perfect 🥰..love the Stork and I'm still wanting another and now Al takes a fav plane of mine then mounts it on floats! Does it get any better ? 😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 01, 2023, 11:46:57 AMThis is perfect 🥰..love the Stork and I'm still wanting another and now Al takes a fav plane of mine then mounts it on floats! Does it get any better ? 😁

Maybe  <_<  I think you will love the operator  ;D

Gondor

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on April 01, 2023, 12:00:48 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 01, 2023, 11:46:57 AMThis is perfect 🥰..love the Stork and I'm still wanting another and now Al takes a fav plane of mine then mounts it on floats! Does it get any better ? 😁

Maybe  <_<  I think you will love the operator  ;D

Gondor
Oh mate I can't wait to see that  :lol: ..bet its gonna be damn funny 😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on April 01, 2023, 06:32:43 AM
Or maybe a Brolga?

Is it?  I thought it was more about sitting on chimneys and delivering babies?
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 02, 2023, 05:19:54 AM
Quote from: Gondor on April 01, 2023, 06:32:43 AM
Or maybe a Brolga?

Is it?  I thought it was more about sitting on chimneys and delivering babies?

Only the Dutch ones - chimneys that is  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

So I started to assemble the kit this afternoon. This is how far I am at the moment

That's the fuselage together with the floor and instrument panel fitted and the wing halfs glued together. So far very little problem with the kit. Later I may tackle the canopy but I'm not sure if the braceing can be added befor or after the greenhouse is together, might just paint that and the cockpit later then glue the greenhouse together tomorrow

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Depending on the parts breakdown, could you assemble the front screen and top of the canopy, add bracing and then put the side pieces on (with or without the wings added as well)?

Gondor

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 03, 2023, 10:32:27 PMDepending on the parts breakdown, could you assemble the front screen and top of the canopy, add bracing and then put the side pieces on (with or without the wings added as well)?

I'm going to follow the instructions for assembling that section of the aircraft. The frame part will be painted this evening along with the rest of the interior in RLM02.

Checked an image of the instructions for the decals. A tweak to the backstory will be in order but it does mean that what I am doing to the kit/aircraft will be a second life for the aircraft so it will fit in.

Gondor