USAF Avro F-95 “Can-nuke” Completed

Started by AeroplaneDriver, February 05, 2023, 01:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 04, 2023, 12:46:09 AMI like this and those are not panel lines..those are valleys.
Weapons load out is the second belly pack..4 X 20mm cannons ..more practical and for the missiles..why not both..wing tips and under wing..it's been done many times in the RW ..can be here to and damn dude..it would look good and balanced  <_<

It will have both wingtip and underwing weapons.  Just torn on which goes where regarding the rocket pods and the Genies.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

She's a big brute the ol' Clunker ! Looking good so far. Lookign forward to seeing more. Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

Captain is bang on there mate..she's a biggin which gives a heap of leeway ..weight is not much of a issue.
Missiles on the tips because rocket pods on wing tips never looks good..it's like they had to find a place to put them at the last minute..pods under wings with another set of Genies beside that...you've got planety of space to play with matey  ;D
As the old saying goes ..some is good..more is better  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Unfortunately the stash only has a pair of Genies. 

jcf

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 04, 2023, 10:30:21 AMCaptain is bang on there mate..she's a biggin which gives a heap of leeway ..weight is not much of a issue.
Missiles on the tips because rocket pods on wing tips never looks good..it's like they had to find a place to put them at the last minute..pods under wings with another set of Genies beside that...you've got planety of space to play with matey  ;D
As the old saying goes ..some is good..more is better  :thumbsup:
Weel now, the weight is an issue, the Clunk couldn't carry as much as you might think.  ;)

I've done a post over in the CF-100 topic about the ins and outs of such a layout. I've put it
over there to not clutter up the man's build topic any further.
:thumbsup:

Djinn and Rockets

Wardukw

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 04, 2023, 10:31:52 AMUnfortunately the stash only has a pair of Genies. 
I problem I know all to well..then go with what you've got my friend ..still gonna look damn sweet mate  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Ok so, disaster strikes.

Alright, so maybe "disaster" it too much, bit a stumbling block in my plans.  I was certain I had a couple of Genies in my stash, but for the life of me I cant find them.  😠

Soooo...the Whif Wheels started turning. Over in the currently active CF-100 research and ideas thread JCF has posted some info on the Mk.8 and proposed weapons. One drawing shows a CF-100 with a wingtip missile that looks a lot like a giant Sparrow.  Well it turns out the sole 1/32 item in my stash is an old Tamiya Tomcat bought for a song because it was stsrted and missing the canopy. I figured it would come in handy someday.  And right there are 1/32 Sparrows that could fill in nicely for the 50s mystery missile in JCF's post.  Mounted on 1/32 Sidewinder rails from the same kit it even checks the box of extending the wingspan a couple of feet!! 

Measuring the missile, in 1/48 is is remarkable close (within scale inches) of Red Hebe so not outside the realm of possibility and it is big enough to carry a small Bucket Of Sunshine so I can maintain the Can-Nuke nickname! 

Here it is very crudely tacked onto a wingtip for your consideration. 

Wardukw

As long as there's one on each side it will be perfect  :wacko:  ;D  and 100 percent plausible  ;)

AeroplaneDriver

More PSR to go but first extended wingtip rail is beginning to look at home. 

Wardukw

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Good work going on there, Nick! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jcf

kerick

This looks darn good. I like the missile rails. Only because I'm OC I would suggest doing something with the missile fins to make them look a little less like Sparrows. Just a thought.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?