USAF Avro F-95 “Can-nuke” Completed

Started by AeroplaneDriver, February 05, 2023, 01:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: kerick on March 06, 2023, 09:28:13 AMThis looks darn good. I like the missile rails. Only because I'm OC I would suggest doing something with the missile fins to make them look a little less like Sparrows. Just a thought.

I'm considering that, but basing it on the drawing posted by Jcf that shows a wingtip missile that is absolutely just a big Sparrow.  We'll see.  I don't disagree and they may change slightly. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 07, 2023, 07:47:56 PM
Quote from: kerick on March 06, 2023, 09:28:13 AMThis looks darn good. I like the missile rails. Only because I'm OC I would suggest doing something with the missile fins to make them look a little less like Sparrows. Just a thought.

I'm considering that, but basing it on the drawing posted by Jcf that shows a wingtip missile that is absolutely just a big Sparrow.  We'll see.  I don't disagree and they may change slightly. 

Falcons, Phoenix and Maverick all look about the same. Sparrows and HARM are similar. Now the Russian stuff is just weird.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

AeroplaneDriver

Very little progress on this one for a while but a quiet night at home tonight saw both wingtip missile rails added.  Some PSR still to do but once this is done it should progress quickly.  Hopefully. 

Wardukw

This going to be a brute when she's done mate  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

It's a Clunk, it already STARTED as a brute.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

That's two Big Brutes on the go at the same time! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

AeroplaneDriver

Starting to take on that "50s USAF" look. Some touching up to do to the red but getting there.  The missiles will get more color too.  Thinking black radomes and some classic 50s fluorescent orange fins.  We'll see...

But anyhoo, here she is so far, the Avro F-91 carrying a pair of Raytheon GAR-7 Pandora nuclear AAMs.

Wardukw

Bloody hell that's looking good mate..looking damn good for sure  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Today's progress. Hoping to finish Wednesday.

Wardukw

Man that looks amazing Nick ...she's gonna be brilliant when done  ;D

AeroplaneDriver

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 21, 2023, 12:49:52 AMMan that looks amazing Nick ...she's gonna be brilliant when done  ;D

I second this statement by the venerated Kiwi. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 21, 2023, 01:39:12 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 21, 2023, 12:49:52 AMMan that looks amazing Nick ...she's gonna be brilliant when done  ;D

I second this statement by the venerated Kiwi. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

3rd'd. Amazing!  :o  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!