USAF Avro F-95 “Can-nuke” Completed

Started by AeroplaneDriver, February 05, 2023, 01:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Very pretty and plausible - even though I am not certain about the F-91 designation as it was used IRL?

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 21, 2023, 07:59:55 AMVery pretty and plausible - even though I am not certain about the F-91 designation as it was used IRL?

It was used after the timeline of this What If.  I've never been a fan of having to shoehorn a Whif designation into the real world where it wasn't used.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 21, 2023, 07:59:55 AMVery pretty and plausible - even though I am not certain about the F-91 designation as it was used IRL?

That was the Republic XF-91 Thundercepter, effectively an F-84 F with an extra four rocket engines and re e tapered wings.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Looking great!  :thumbsup:

There actually was a proposed "nuclear Sparrow" although IIRC it looked significantly different to the standard missile.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Leading Observer

Reading through, couldf !/48th Sparrow !'s work for a !/72 scale model?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Leading Observer on March 22, 2023, 03:05:31 PMReading through, couldf !/48th Sparrow !'s work for a !/72 scale model?

Exact same 2/3 ratio between 1/48 and 1/72 as between 1/48 and 1/32 so it would maintain the exact same relative size.

Leading Observer

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 22, 2023, 03:36:10 PM
Quote from: Leading Observer on March 22, 2023, 03:05:31 PMReading through, couldf !/48th Sparrow !'s work for a !/72 scale model?

Exact same 2/3 ratio between 1/48 and 1/72 as between 1/48 and 1/32 so it would maintain the exact same relative size.
:thumbsup:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

AeroplaneDriver

Better pics tomorrow, along with backstory and a Completed Builds post, but here she is for now...

Avro F-95A Grizzly

AeroplaneDriver

So I did go with a designation change to F-95 since my timeframe shifted and things didnt jive with F-91.  Full backstory tomorrow.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Not really my favourite aircraft but I do like that! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

That looks suitably lethal with that blunt nose and those BIG missiles!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....