WiP +++ H0 scale DSB Class 'MD' diesel-hydraulic locomotive (DB V 200.5)

Started by Dizzyfugu, February 14, 2023, 12:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Brake fluid just needs some patience. Progress on this one will be slow, though, because the Fifties GB might prompt me to start some other submission for it.

Wardukw

Brake fluid was my go to  paint stripper for yrs and then one it just seemed to take longer and longer to strip paint.
I'll use oven cleaner now but that won't strip the paint of models like yours .
What about proper paint stripper..will work nicely on metal models.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

I normally also use (foamed) oven cleaner, esp on IP/resin kits, but the paint on the Märklin metal hull is/was burnt-in enamel paint. REALLY tough, harder than car finish - so that brake fluid had to do the job. Worked very well, though - slowly but effective, just messy to handle. Not certain about professional paint stripper, though, I would not use it.

Wardukw

I used to use a brand called Dads paint stripper..I stripper from the US and that stuff was brilliant..I used to strip Matchbox box cars with it ..and real cars.
It's extremely powerful and works very fast ..5 minutes on a car would take the paint down to clean steel..thixk rubber gloves are a must.
Course we can't get it here anymore and now stuck with total crap stripper which takes ten times longer to work and even then not that well..thanks Bunnings  :angry:

Dizzyfugu

The hull is in a water bath with some APC and dentures cleaner, to get rid of the final paint residue inside and surface fat.

buzzbomb

Well at least you have a actual blank canvas to work on, so to speak.

Wardukw

Won't be long before paint is hitting this now I hope Thomas mate 👍