Re: Airvell 1/72 Avro Winchester B.I/B.III

Started by Old Wombat, February 14, 2023, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I used the same trick with both my TSR.2 and F-106, multiple bombs fitted so lots of places to hide mistakes when carefully selected for their positions.

GOndor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Gotta love being able to hide a booboos  ;D
I've done it ..fact I did on that B-58 GB build..makes ya feel good when the bombs are mounted and they all look good 😉
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Bomb bay doors fitted & glue drying - & weren't they a right PitA! :rolleyes: .

I'm going to get all the little bits done, so I can hit all the glue marks & any possible fix-ups with one hit of flat/matt clear rather than lots of little ones.

Plus there's one small bit of scratch building to be done before I finish, too; the framework between the rear turret & the "Village Inn" radar housing.

Seems the closer I'm getting to finishing, the more little bits seem to pop their heads up to be done. Of course I might be further along if I hadn't had to spend almost 2 hours searching for the starboard nav light. :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

This build was seconds away from a high-speed impact with a wall a few minutes ago. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Nothing has gone smoothly or right today. Every time I put something on something else came apart. I've had to re-do the bomb bay doors 3 times now, re-jig the landing gear* & the landing gear doors have not played nicely, either.

I'm going to bed! Maybe, when I've had a sleep & a new day has dawned, something ... anything ... might go right! :angel:  :angel:  :angel:

[*: My error. I fitted the struts to the wrong hinge points, earlier. Despite thinking that it didn't seem right & checking the destructions 3 or 4 times, I still managed to get it wrong! :banghead: ]

Wardukw

I feel for ya mate..honestly do ...I seem to be having this issue with most things I'm building at the mo.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

I should have realised that the build was going too smoothly & that all the stuff-ups would come together in one big burst of negativity right at the end. :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Oh, well, still moving forward. Onwards & upwards! :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Just think of how great this will when it's done mate..cause I'm really looking forward to this 😀

Old Wombat

It won't look as great as if the stuff-ups hadn't happened, though. :-\

Still, as the saying goes, "perfection" is the enemy of "good enough" & I think she'll probably be good enough. :thumbsup:

Wardukw

The annoying thing is I'm expecting stuff ups in all my builds now ..it's like the vibe is there but the skills are disappearing 😕

Old Wombat

Little bits successfully affixed! :thumbsup:

Now there's just the matter of a tiny bit of paintwork damage that will be covered over by a bit of heavier, but still appropriate, dirtying.

After that will be a squirt of matt clear before the turrets are emplaced & the "Village Inn" connected to the rear turret.

Things are looking up! ;)

Wardukw

Old Wombat

I was too tired to do any work on the Winchester last night, so the extra exhaust stains were added today, considerably heavier than the original job but not over the top (compared to photo's I've seen of some Lanc's).

No more work, now, until maybe Wednesday (tomorrow) night, at the earliest, but probably Thursday. I have a short change-over tonight which was going to be for training but I've now been dropped into the Team Leader's seat.

On a weekday day shift :unsure: ... They must be really desperate*! :o

[*: I've done the role a few times on the weekend but there's a whole raft of paperwork & processes & other crap that goes on during a weekday that I've barely touched whilst shadowing.]

zenrat

I've found that if you make a big enough mess of paperwork you can avoid being asked to do it again.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on May 09, 2023, 04:16:33 AMI've found that if you make a big enough mess of paperwork you can avoid being asked to do it again.

Unfortunately it's an integral part of the Team Leader's job, which is a whole two levels of pay above my usual pay-grade & nothing to be sneezed at. :-\

Making decisions & taking responsibility for them is not my issue, it's that I haven't had sufficient training in the paperwork side of things.

Oh well! Deep end .... Jump .... See what happens. ;)

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..