Re: Airvell 1/72 Avro Winchester B.I/B.III

Started by Old Wombat, February 14, 2023, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Looking forward to this  :thumbsup:

Quote from: loupgarou on February 15, 2023, 01:05:55 PMYeees, will follow this with interest. What brand of putty do you use? I want to buy some shares...

;D  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Of a Hercules doesn't work, throw it out and stuff in a Centaurus.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Thanks, guys (especially Fred)! :thumbsup:

There's going to be a lot of PSR, methinks, on the nacelles* but they are moving forward.

[*: But not enough to make it worth investing in putty shares. ;) )
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Nacelles are beginning to come together, shape-wise:

A couple of placement test photo's:

Still a lot of work to go. I'm going to try to get a few (other) sub-assemblies together, then throw some primer at it to see where I need to do any more PSR.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

:thumbsup:

Basically Avro's version of the Vickers Warwick?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

I may have just had an epiphany regarding the Airfix Shack in my stash for which I had no ideas...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on February 18, 2023, 04:43:30 AMI may have just had an epiphany regarding the Airfix Shack in my stash for which I had no ideas...

Oh please don't clash with my Shack idea!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

zenrat

Quote from: kitbasher on February 18, 2023, 07:30:35 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 18, 2023, 04:43:30 AMI may have just had an epiphany regarding the Airfix Shack in my stash for which I had no ideas...

What do you plan to do to one?  I was thinking of losing two engines, some wing, and some fuselage.
Fred

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on February 19, 2023, 03:41:02 AM

What do you plan to do to one?  I was thinking of losing two engines, some wing, and some fuselage.

Oh good, that's different from my idea  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

Quote from: Gondor on February 19, 2023, 03:55:56 AM

Oh good, that's different from my idea  ;D

Gondor

Lose engines, gain fuselage, no wing loss.

Old Wombat

So, a Shackchester. ;D

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 19, 2023, 04:58:48 AM

So, a Shackchester. ;D
:lol:  :lol:  oh these names are getting weird  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .