Re: Airvell 1/72 Avro Winchester B.I/B.III

Started by Old Wombat, February 14, 2023, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

What's halfway between Manchester and Lancaster?

Leyland.
Preston and Chorley aren't too far off either  :wacko:

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2023, 09:52:13 AMWhat's halfway between Manchester and Lancaster?

Leyland.
Preston and Chorley aren't too far off either  :wacko:

Blackburn is close as well........ so the Avro Blackburn  :-\
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Avro will not be giving free advertising space to other companies, thank you very much! :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 19, 2023, 04:58:48 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 19, 2023, 03:41:02 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on February 18, 2023, 07:30:35 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 18, 2023, 04:43:30 AMI may have just had an epiphany regarding the Airfix Shack in my stash for which I had no ideas...

Oh please don't clash with my Shack idea!

What do you plan to do to one?  I was thinking of losing two engines, some wing, and some fuselage.

So, a Shackchester. ;D

Yeah but nah.  Back story will have it evolving from the Avro Albany.
So maybe a Shackalbany?
Or an Avro Scott?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Just a quick update to let you know that things are still happening here but rather slowly - just some PSR happening on the nacelles, at the moment (the fuselage was almost perfect).

Once that's finished I'll have to look at restoring some of the detail lost to the "S" in PSR on both the nacelles & the fuselage.

Was looking at installing a full crew* & displaying it in flying mode but the 1/72 figures I have are all so differently scaled as to make the whole thing look ridiculous, so she'll be grounded but with the bomb bay doors inexplicably open.

[*: Full crew will be 6; pilot, navigator/RO, flight engineer, bomb aimer (bombardier), nose gunner & tail gunner.]

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 21, 2023, 07:25:32 PMWas looking at installing a full crew* & displaying it in flying mode but the 1/72 figures I have are all so differently scaled as to make the whole thing look ridiculous, so she'll be grounded but with the bomb bay doors inexplicably open.

It was bad enough with different wargames figures manufacturers having completely different ideas of what constituted 15mm or 25mm, but some crew figures you get in kits are ridiculous. You can't even say that the pilot was 6' and the tail gunner 5' 2" because the proportions are all out.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 22, 2023, 06:05:02 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 21, 2023, 07:25:32 PMWas looking at installing a full crew* & displaying it in flying mode but the 1/72 figures I have are all so differently scaled as to make the whole thing look ridiculous, so she'll be grounded but with the bomb bay doors inexplicably open.

It was bad enough with different wargames figures manufacturers having completely different ideas of what constituted 15mm or 25mm, but some crew figures you get in kits are ridiculous. You can't even say that the pilot was 6' and the tail gunner 5' 2" because the proportions are all out.

Yep, two figures were about 25% "taller" but easily 50% wider & deeper than the next closest ... and they were all Airfix! :rolleyes:

Then there were the two full & two half figures that looked like some kind of alien race, rather than Human ... again Airfix. :-\

The closest to the same scale were three Airfix fighter pilots (from different kits but their poses were either unlikely for any position in the Mancaster or, shall we say, "unfortunate") & the crew of an Italeri Heinkel He.111H (but most of their stances were wrong & I don't feel like that level of 1/72 Frankenbashing to get them right).

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 22, 2023, 07:47:00 AM...their poses were...shall we say, "unfortunate...

Use them.  It'll solve the name dilemma.

Avro Wancaster...

...i'll get me coat.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 23, 2023, 02:57:53 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 22, 2023, 07:47:00 AM...their poses were...shall we say, "unfortunate...

Use them.  It'll solve the name dilemma.

Avro Wancaster...

...i'll get me coat.

Lucky I've not got my red card on me  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Old Wombat

Laid down some colours for the inside of the fuselage this evening.

Custom mix interior green (all Tamiya colours: Deep Green [XF-26], Sky [XF-21] & Sky Grey [XF-19] in a 5:4:4 ratio, which isn't quite as green as the real thing but close enough for me) & NATO Black [XF-69].

Nacelles & wings have had their final PSR session & will get a final primer coat tomorrow, then I'll have to do the re-scribing of the lost panel lines (my least favourite thing), which often ends in remedial PS sessions to fix f___-ups.

Oh, well. Onwards & upwards! :thumbsup:

Wardukw

This is getting more and more interesting by the minute..I do love hack and slash aircraft  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 24, 2023, 11:40:41 AMThis is getting more and more interesting by the minute..I do love hack and slash aircraft  ;D

I admire people who have the ability to envisage it in their minds eye in the first place, let alone build the things  :bow:

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 25, 2023, 06:01:11 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 24, 2023, 11:40:41 AMThis is getting more and more interesting by the minute..I do love hack and slash aircraft  ;D

I admire people who have the ability to envisage it in their minds eye in the first place, let alone build the things  :bow:

There are mushrooms that helps .... :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.