Re: Airvell 1/72 Avro Winchester B.I/B.III

Started by Old Wombat, February 14, 2023, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Thanks, Phill! :thumbsup:

Happy coincidence? Fate? Pure happenstance? I dunno, whatever, but I've found that, although a bit darker than I really wanted, Tamiya NATO black over SMS Camo Black, rubbed back a bit, gives a really good weathered colour appearance. So, I'm going to run with that. :blink:  ;D

I'll start masking tonight. Maybe even get the Camo Black down. We'll see. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Well that worked out most excellently matey 😀

Ya gotta love that last hope and success part..you know I am gonna want pics right ☺️
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Pain in the butt re the paint mate, just glad you had the brains to test it first  :thumbsup:

She does look good I have to say though.  :thumbsup:  Although for some odd reason my minds eye, which is a strange beast at the best of times, is seeing her in Hinomarus  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Masking is a bit behind schedule; I got carried away researching for the back story. :angel:

I do, however, now, have an allocated squadron number that was never used & aircraft codes (that I can bodge up from what I have available) that, likewise, were never used. I've, also, tweaked historical events a bit to suit my preferred timeline. Further research is required, however, to add a few more realistic touches (the link in the Got any good Links put them here forum is one such effort).

When I've finished here I'll get back to the masking for a while, then I'll have to go to bed - work is such an inconvenience! :rolleyes:

Old Wombat

Masking of the edges almost done! :thumbsup:

Next will be the fill-in masking &, probably, a shot of clear of some sort along the edges to try to prevent any bleeding of Colour(s) #3. ;)

Vulcan7

the wait is agony  ;D  (I must have patience  :banghead: ) .....very cool so far  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Old Wombat

Well, it's stupid o'clock in the morning (lucky I'm on afternoon shift tomorrow today) & I've done the Camo Black, doesn't look quite as excessively dark as I thought it would, now it's on a larger canvas, so to speak. :thumbsup:

I'll hit it with the Tamiya NATO Black after I get up & rub it back a bit after work. Hopefully it'll look as good as it did on the Typhoon. ;)

Anyway...

'Night, all! I'm off to bed! <_<

Old Wombat

On a roll! [Touch wood!] :thumbsup:

Camouflage finished & tape off, &, again, no bleeding! Just some fix-ups required on the red wing & fin bands, then it's gloss & transfer/decal time! ;D

Here are some pic's for you to view in the mean time;

The black seems strangely greenish in these photo's, which it doesn't in the styrene. :unsure:

But then, so do the upper colours, so, maybe, it's a by-product of the blue background. :unsure:

Wardukw

I can't comment on the colours Guy..not with my eyes but what I can see is a bloody lovely paint job mate 😀
Ya know I am right ✅️.
This is going to look brilliant 😄
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Thanks, Phill! :thumbsup:

So far, I'm very pleased with how the finish is coming along. ;D

However, I refuse to be "chuffed" until she's finished - far too many hurdles, still, to trip over, if I get complacent. ;)

rickshaw

Interesting colour mix there, Guy.  Doesn't seem to be much contrast.  I see you made the turrets removable.  Good.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

It's like that B58 thingy I'm building...chuffed is the last word I want or will use for that.  I'm getting very unhappy with it.
Least I can look at yours and other builds to try and up the happiness level.

zenrat

Colours look to me like middle stone/foliage green over olive drab.
Not a bad combination actually.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 02, 2023, 05:27:06 PMThe black seems strangely greenish in these photo's, which it doesn't in the styrene. :unsure:

But then, so do the upper colours, so, maybe, it's a by-product of the blue background. :unsure:

I was going to say that, thought it was me though. Odd  :unsure:

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 02, 2023, 05:27:06 PMOn a roll! [Touch wood!] :thumbsup:

Camouflage finished & tape off, &, again, no bleeding!

I want to know which Gods you ae making sacrifices to in order to avoid bleeding ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.