Re: Airvell 1/72 Avro Winchester B.I/B.III

Started by Old Wombat, February 14, 2023, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Colours are mentioned earlier but, for clarity I used SMS Dark Earth (PL85/FS30118), SMS Forest Green (PL77/FS34079) & SMS Camo Black (PL33/No FS number) with a light spray of Tamiya NATO Black (XF-69), which I rubbed back a little, over the Camo Black.

Seen directly, without a camera or computer screen interfering, they are quite distinct colours & look fairly close to those used on the BoBMF Lancaster.

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2023, 06:37:16 AMI want to know which Gods you are making sacrifices to in order to avoid bleeding ?  ;)

So would I!

I like this/these God/s, they don't seem to demand blood sacrifice. It/They may be wood God/s, as I've been touching a lot of that lately.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

OK, so I tried roughly the same shots but with a white-ish (cream) background - colours are much better;

[Note to self: Don't use blue backgrounds for taking photo's! :rolleyes: ]

Wardukw

Even I can see the differences mate and the word yummy 😋 comes to mind..damn that looks so good ..and the God's have definitely got your butt covered in the city of bleed 🤙🤘
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

@ Phill: Yes, He/She/They have! He/She/They are wonderful!* :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :thumbsup:

Quote from: rickshaw on April 02, 2023, 08:39:48 PMI see you made the turrets removable.  Good.   :thumbsup:

Not so much "removable" as "emplace-able" after the rest of the build is finished. Once in, I doubt they'll be able to be removed without considerable damage to themselves & the rest of the model.

[*: I hear praise & acknowledgement of their blessings helps maintain the God's/Gods' generosity. :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  ;D ]

Wardukw

I have this nasty feeling that those gods are going to completely ignore me when it comes to my 50s GB entry  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Colours look good in that second set of shots  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 04, 2023, 12:25:54 AMColours look good in that second set of shots  :thumbsup:

Second that.  Your camera's software presumably thinks it knows better than life.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quite a dramatic difference, isn't it. :blink:

Quote from: zenrat on April 04, 2023, 04:18:04 AMYour camera's software presumably thinks it knows better than life.

Lots of electronic devices think they're smarter than me, until I hit them with a hammer, after which their opinions don't matter. :wacko:

Not much done on the build today/tonight. Quite a lot of time consuming preparation for painting the little fiddly bits before they go on this morning but I worked 90 minute overtime tonight, so haven't had time to do much of anything.

Wardukw

Same kinda thing yesterday for me to..plans were made and destroyed just as fast ..still tho I got some things done but I ended up helping to build a deck which wasn't on any plans I'd made ;D
Hopefully tomorrow its gonna be a more model dedicated time usage than anything else.

Old Wombat

My top sig line sums up my life perfectly! :rolleyes:

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 04, 2023, 07:18:51 PMMy top sig line sums up my life perfectly! :rolleyes:
Bloody hope my tomorrow goes as I want it to ..least I don't have to go anywhere..which should help  <_<

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 05, 2023, 02:14:31 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 04, 2023, 11:29:34 PM..least I don't have to go anywhere..which should help  <_<

Yet  ;)
Oh hush good sir ..hush  ;D  :lol:
I got up at 4am this morning..on the road at 6am ..drove off and on all day..left Auckland at 2:30pm and got home at 5:20pm ..im buggered so please give me good vibes and I'm praying im staying put tomorrow..least I avoided a huge arse truck crash at the bottom of the Bombay Hills on my way home..I was like 350mtrs away from it..40ft trailer laying on its side blocking the entire road from what I could see..lucky I got onto SH2 or man I might aswell have set up camp  ;D

Old Wombat

Painted the little fiddly bits this morning (well, more like early this afternoon). Will try to get some of the pre-transfer/decal gloss coat done this eve ... um, morning, before I go to bed.

That way I can leave it to dry overnight, then do the other side (either top or bottom, whichever I don't do tonight) tomorrow morning &, maybe, transfers/decals tomorrow night.