Main Menu

Leo1 SPAAMS

Started by Wardukw, February 16, 2023, 11:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 22, 2023, 05:58:46 AMI rather like the idea of a smidge of insanity creeping into this build & I think there are some subtle signs that it's arrived! :wacko:  :wacko:
Some ?? Some ?? ..mate I think it's a bit more than some  :wacko: 🤪
I'll admit that it's definitely got a Thunderbirds vibe going on here which I don't mind..I loved that show as a kid ..still enjoy it now .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Have to be the original, though - the reboot tried too hard to be more 'real world' and didn't quite manage it...

Wardukw

The puppets is what made the original the show it was and of course the models ..the CGI reboot didn't do much for me and I watched a grand total of 4 episodes..that show didn't last long at all .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

When my nephew was 14 I sat him down and showed him Thunderbirds hoping he would like it.
After 5 minutes he turned to me and said "but Uncle Fred you can see the strings" and returned to his video game.

Philistine child.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

That's the biggest problem with kids today..so many of em have zero imagination..if they can't push buttons then they ain't interested.
It does make me wonder how many kids are getting into our hobby each year.
I know our hobby ain't dieing not with the amount of new kits being released each yr but it would be great to see how much bigger it is getting with the new generation of builders.

kerick

If my nephew is any indication the hobby is in good hands. He just finished a car model of a Rolls Royce and painted it himself with acrylics. It look great.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Gotta love hearing stuff like that mate...I can fore see your Xmas gifts are gonna get more expensive as he gets older  ;D

kerick

He better get a job! I'll be spending money on a granddaughter!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on February 24, 2023, 06:35:27 PMHe better get a job! I'll be spending money on a granddaughter!!
Where have I heard those words before ..oh that would be me  :-\ ..im about to be a great uncle for the second time and I just found out a grand dad as my daughter is pregnant and it's funny as hell ...she told me couple of days back and she's been pregnant for 2 months now and the reason ?
Apparently I intimidate her husband ....still  :lol: and he was worried cause they had sex...christ it's funny ..they've been married for 2 yrs now .
He's scared silly of me cause my daughter told him some of the stuff I did in the army.  :lol:
Xmas and birthdays are getting nuts for me now mate .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 24, 2023, 06:48:50 PM
Quote from: kerick on February 24, 2023, 06:35:27 PMHe better get a job! I'll be spending money on a granddaughter!!
Where have I heard those words before ..oh that would be me  :-\ ..im about to be a great uncle for the second time and I just found out a grand dad as my daughter is pregnant and it's funny as hell ...she told me couple of days back and she's been pregnant for 2 months now and the reason ?
Apparently I intimidate her husband ....still  :lol: and he was worried cause they had sex...christ it's funny ..they've been married for 2 yrs now .
He's scared silly of me cause my daughter told him some of the stuff I did in the army.  :lol:

When my oldest daughter was dating I would tape my expert qualifying target from the Air Force on the wall by the front door. She hated that. In 16 years or so I may have to give it to my son to tape up.
Tophe the Wise

rickshaw

Quote from: kerick on February 24, 2023, 09:56:28 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 24, 2023, 06:48:50 PM

When my oldest daughter was dating I would tape my expert qualifying target from the Air Force on the wall by the front door. She hated that. In 16 years or so I may have to give it to my son to tape up.

I used to joke to my kids that when they bought their dates home, I was perfectly OK with that, if they didn't mind me cleaning my guns when they arrived.   My message was clear, you play around with my daughter or son, they'd be paying for it!   :wacko:  :wacko:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

He's a skinny little dude is my daughter's husband..bout 5'2 ..im closer to 6'3 and 3 times his build so I've got that going me right from the get go ..course he only knows what I told my daughter..there's a heap more I can't tell anyone about but apparently what my daughter knows was enough for him  ;D
Funnily enough tho the first time I met him I was cleaning one of my hand guns ...pretty sure he got the message real fast yet it was completely unintentional  :lol:

royabulgaf

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 24, 2023, 11:02:21 AMThat's the biggest problem with kids today..so many of em have zero imagination..if they can't push buttons then they ain't interested.
And turn off that jungle music and get off my lawn!
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

Scotaidh

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 24, 2023, 11:02:21 AMThat's the biggest problem with kids today..so many of em have zero imagination..if they can't push buttons then they ain't interested.
It does make me wonder how many kids are getting into our hobby each year.
I know our hobby ain't dieing not with the amount of new kits being released each yr but it would be great to see how much bigger it is getting with the new generation of builders.

There's a modeling convention here (that I sadly cannot attend this year - $$) that has an ongoing event called "Make & Take"  A child - or even an adult - sits at the table across from a volunteer experienced modeler and is given their first kit, glue, and a pair of sprue cutters and then advice (only!) on how to build it.  Following the directions is stressed.  :)  At the end of it all, the child has built a model that they can take home and display.  :)

Once when I was there, a kid - Christopher - completed his wee robot, and then looked at it ... looked around ... as if waiting for something more - I guess he wanted it to be able to fly around or walk ... I dunno, but he clearly wanted 'more'.  His mentor recognized this, so stood up and announced "Ladies & Gentlemen, this is Christopher and he has just completed building his first model!"   There was a round of applause from all present (about 6 people) and he looked happier - smiled, even.  :)  His modeler dad had brought him, and had 'helped/watched' the build.  :)  Whether he'll ever build another model I don't know, but the odds were improved, that day.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Wardukw

I love it when ppl go out of their way to help and teach the younglings how to build models ..get that fire lit and keep it burning.
Here there is no such thing like the convention you mentioned...it's only the population base but it's also the mind set here..so many ppl are like there in the US addicted to sports but here if your not into either rugby or cricket or both then your seen as a mutant and if you build little plastic toys..it's how many of them see our hobby..it's even worse.
Hell we don't even have hobby shows of any kind here anymore that I know off...if we do then it's know where near me.
I'm glad you guys in the US and UK are doing things to keep our hobby alive and well.
There's still a ton of model builders here in all aspects of model building ..still a big train community here and of course planes and cars ..still not many armour modellers but I'm going to keep that alive no matter what  ;D