Main Menu

Leo1 SPAAMS

Started by Wardukw, February 16, 2023, 11:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Nicely done and as for the rest..it's either Trumpeter SA2 or scratch built....the turret came with a very nice pile of random junk Scotaidh sent me and it's all proved to be most useful.
I have no idea who made it ..what scale but it was prefect for that turret base and it was the only thing I found which looked good   ;D

Mr Wombat did my eyes no favors at all this morning I can tell ya. .didn't take my glasses off fast enough.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

I think you used parts of a local bridge that came down in the recent bad weather "event" (as we seem to now be supposed to call them).

Very good.  I think i'd be tempted to paint it all clean and shiny with while rimmed road wheels.  AKA May Day parade trim.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 28, 2023, 08:42:39 PMAnd Wombat... oh dear, oh dear... AIEE!! MY EYES!!... (in best Neddie Seagoon-type voice: "You Swine!") ;D

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 28, 2023, 09:47:11 PMMr Wombat did my eyes no favors at all this morning I can tell ya. .didn't take my glasses off fast enough.

My work here is done! ;D  ;D  ;D

Actually, I don't know, maybe my eyes became somewhat desensitised during Radish's hey-day, but Olive Drag doesn't look that bad. ;)

Oh, & my first thought when seeing that thing set up for launching was "F__K that's big!" :blink:

I like the camo, too. :thumbsup:

PS: Oh, Rick, good to see another Goons fan amongst us! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

I really do hope those launch rails work or it could be the first tank chassis into orbit  ;)

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 01, 2023, 04:11:53 AMPS: Oh, Rick, good to see another Goons fan amongst us! ;D

Used to drink in the pub in Strutton Ground where'd that meet up in the 50's, early 60's. Their signatures and some rough ideas were scribbled on the ceiling and preserved under a sheet of glass. Always found them hit and miss, sometimes brilliant, other times terrible, but never nondescript  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 01, 2023, 06:33:28 AMI really do hope those launch rails work or it could be the first tank chassis into orbit  ;)

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 01, 2023, 04:11:53 AMPS: Oh, Rick, good to see another Goons fan amongst us! ;D

Used to drink in the pub in Strutton Ground where'd that meet up in the 50's, early 60's. Their signatures and some rough ideas were scribbled on the ceiling and preserved under a sheet of glass. Always found them hit and miss, sometimes brilliant, other times terrible, but never nondescript  :thumbsup:

I think it depended on where their mental health issues were at at any given time - especially those of Spike & Peter.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 01, 2023, 06:37:31 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 01, 2023, 06:33:28 AMI really do hope those launch rails work or it could be the first tank chassis into orbit  ;)

I think it depended on where their mental health issues were at at any given time - especially those of Spike & Peter.

Totally agree.

Had a mate who was a bricklayer and he had a job building a wall in Harry Secombe's garden. Secomber would spend the entire day bringing him and his labourer/apprentice mugs of tea and telling them stories. They didn't get any work done and Secombe's wife had to take Harry away for a week so they could get the wall built  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Thanks lads  ;D
Fred this ain't russian .i was thinking about mounting it on a russian tank but dont have one spare .I don't know who the hell owns this yet ..no idea at all .
One thought I had tho is loose the tank and ground mount it as a static AA mount...works both ways  ;D

Guy those same words uck it is big has crossed my mind many times ..now I'm happy it ain't getting any bigger  :o  <_<

Chris that would be funny as hell to see this thing fail on a launch ..in the RW it wouldn't do crap if there was a release problem..the whole set up would weight over 35tons ..that missiles thrust ain't enough to lift it..but in wiffy world tho..that's a different story  :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

rickshaw

Ah, another one, hey?  My number 3 son was introduced to the Goons when was about 12 or so, and he loves them.  They make a long drive worth listening to!  "Brandee?  Brandee!" :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 01, 2023, 11:19:53 AMThanks lads  ;D
Fred this ain't russian...

So?  Can't other nations have parades?  Didn't the big orange baby organise one during his brief reign?

How about a Waitangi Day parade?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

To be honest mate ..I hate parades..hated them as a kid ..hated it in the army ..im just not a parade person and to me a vehicle that's super clean and tidy don't rock my boat..don't know why but it just seems to be incomplete which I know it strange but that's me  ;D

Rick Lowe

Quote from: rickshaw on March 01, 2023, 09:59:01 PM

Ah, another one, hey?  My number 3 son was introduced to the Goons when was about 12 or so, and he loves them.  They make a long drive worth listening to!  "Brandee?  Brandee!" :thumbsup:

Yes, I stand accused and willingly convicted!  :thumbsup:

Always room for a bit of surreal... It's All In The Mind, You Know...

Hadn't thought of them as trip fodder - worth a try, thanks!  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Right 6 hrs in with the first pin wash and a throbbing left knee and I'm still not done with wash one.
The next wash will be a dust colour as this is playing war in a very dusty environment but its not going to be to mental weather wise ..just it's first day..not it's first week.

But right now I'm enjoying a smoke and a lovely coffee  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Well it's done chaps ..all finished ..I'll post pics in a few days ...didn't turn out that bad in the end..still freakin big tho .

zenrat

Good to hear.
I eagerly await photographic evidence.

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 03, 2023, 05:41:28 AM

I have a massive Goon archive on my computer.  I found it perfect listening when painting Stately zen Manor during the renovations a few years ago.
Fred

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on March 05, 2023, 12:52:33 AMGood to hear.
I eagerly await photographic evidence.

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 03, 2023, 05:41:28 AM

I have a massive Goon archive on my computer.  I found it perfect listening when painting Stately zen Manor during the renovations a few years ago.

Not a bad idea there, either!  ;D