DSCF4027 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4030 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4031 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4032 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4033 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Thanks for the comments ,,this one deserves em ...its nuts   :wacko: 
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Yeah, LEO 1 SPAAMS = Low Earth Orbit 1 Self-Propelled Anti-Aerospace Missile System! :wacko:

Yep, it fits your style, mate: Big, Bold, Beautiful & completely Batnuts Crazy! ;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Glad ya like Womdy mate  ;D  ;D
Hopefully I can do something smaller and not as ludicrous  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

rickshaw

Interesting.  Really needs some stabilising Jacks on both sides.  Appears a bit top heavy.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

Ha ha Rick mate  ;D
I've done the math for this and the chassis is heavier than the turret and missiles buy at least 11 tons ..both missiles together are only 4.6ton..the turret being only made of light gauge steel would weight about 6 tons to 7.5 tons max ....working with just a standard Leo 1 chassis which weights around 20 tons and mines widened ..so that would be 23 to 24 tons there.
Works out pretty good .
There's alot of low down weight there.
I just wouldn't want to drive it anywhere cause I'd be afraid of hitting low trees..bridges..low flying aircraft..it's freaking tall...like I said before..got a wee bit out nof control  ;D

NARSES2

That's come out well mate  :thumbsup:

I bet there were a few side bets being taken on what would happen when it was first test fired ?  ;)  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I hope it has a long remote firing lead as I don't think I'd like to be on board when those two lifted off! The exhaust plumes would ROAST the carrier vehicle!

But it's an exceptional piece of plastic engineering!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Wonderfull.  Excellent piece of work my friend.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Thanks ya guys  ;D  ;D
I've seen footage of the SA-2 firing and yep..a crap load of smoke and fire and as Kit said..cookin time for the launch vehicle....but and yep ...a but ..but not a wizard sort of but..that tank hull is made of high grade homogeneous steel armour..very normal on tanks and far stronger than mild steel.
It's more than enough to handle the exhaust blast from this missile ...the only thing I forgot to add was a plate to cover the fan on the rear deck.
Here's a fact for ya ..during the 6 day war a SA-2 was fired at and hit a Israeli M60 MBT...apart from buggering storage racks all it did was scratch it...a little bit   ;D
Not relevant to this build but still interesting.

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 08, 2023, 09:35:41 AMHere's a fact for ya ..during the 6 day war a SA-2 was fired at and hit a Israeli M60 MBT...apart from buggering storage racks all it did was scratch it...a little bit   ;D

Indeed  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

I'm pretty sure there's pics or a pic of that tank with the remains of the missile sitting on the back of the tank .

Rick Lowe

Yikes, she's a Big Girl, huh...
and as has been noted, completely Batpoo crazy, so characteristic of Phill'sMind Imagineering Unlimited!  :thumbsup:

Interesting snippet about the M-60, too. Like the M-1 in GW1 that took a T-72(?) hit and all it really did was mess up the optics alignment... another turret and she was back in the fray.

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 09, 2023, 08:25:59 PMYikes, she's a Big Girl, huh...
and as has been noted, completely Batpoo crazy, so characteristic of Phill'sMind Imagineering Unlimited!  :thumbsup:

Interesting snippet about the M-60, too. Like the M-1 in GW1 that took a T-72(?) hit and all it really did was mess up the optics alignment... another turret and she was back in the fray.
Completely batpoo crazy seems to becoming a recurrence about my  builds and in the comments and yeah know what...a tag I will wear proudly  ;)
See that's the thing Rick if I get an idea in the area where if I shake my head to hard it rattles that if has to be built to the way the image sees it  and no matter what the outcome it's what it's ment to be ..in this case bat poop crazy..like I've said..this one got a wee bit out of control.
I'm gonna try to keep things a bit better under control from now on ..well a bit more subtle  ;)

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 09, 2023, 01:25:10 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 08, 2023, 09:35:41 AMHere's a fact for ya ..during the 6 day war a SA-2 was fired at and hit a Israeli M60 MBT...apart from buggering storage racks all it did was scratch it...a little bit   ;D

No that surprising though.  SA-2 was designed to take out aircraft which were usually slightly less well armoured than an M-60.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on March 10, 2023, 01:15:20 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 09, 2023, 01:25:10 AM

No that surprising though.  SA-2 was designed to take out aircraft which were usually slightly less well armoured than an M-60.

That Sa-2 should have been named Pure Desperation cause firing that at a MBT is like trying to destory a concrete block with a fire cracker...total waste of time.