A B-58 but not a B-58 ..Finsh pics up

Started by Wardukw, February 18, 2023, 12:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

(_____________________________) insert swear words here <--- on Ricks nonenabling  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

You guys ever built a model that you've wanted the smack nine colours of crap out off??? .

This thing has pissed me off so much I have seriously considered smashing it to bits with a hammer ..then deleting this entire thread and pretending I never happened .

It's one thing after another with this build and I don't know why it's turned into a nightmare...it's like paint hates it , it's like the world hates this thing and everything has conspired
to work against it .

This is a absolute first for me but I'm gonna get this bloody nightmare done cause as long as it isn't finished it will annoy the hell out of me and I hate missing deadlines.

Anyway the hole which was being a total turd is filled at freaking last..it's PSRed again and has now been undercoated and resprayed in aluminium from Ammos paint range ..it will be repainted in Ammo sliver to give it it's NMF bling..then after that..more painting 🙄
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Then decals, yee ha!
Maybe take a little step back for a little while and then look at it in a better light.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

It's gotta be my curse mate..it's aircraft models ..it's like it goes away and then this curse comes back ..something ive never had with armour and what gets me is I didn't even think of armour for this GB and I should have.
The thing that is really annoying me is that everything was going sweet with this build..its like what ever plan I put into action with this build just worked out and I was enjoying this quite a bit..then those holes appeared and into the toilet it went..it's so weird dude.

NARSES2

It will all come right in the end  :angel:

No, I know what you mean I've had a few models like that, but only one that I completely gave up on and that was passed on to a fellow modeller as a parts donor. I didn't want it any where near me.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

If you give in to the urges and smash it then it's won.  It wants you to do that.  It gets power from you losing control.  DO NOT GIVE IN.  Do not let it win.  Resist, you can beat it.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 07, 2023, 06:09:47 AMIf you give in to the urges and smash it then it's won.  It wants you to do that.  It gets power from you losing control.  DO NOT GIVE IN.  Do not let it win.  Resist, you can beat it.

All hail Shaman Zenrat  :bow:  ;)

But basically he's right  :thumbsup:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I had a simmilar problem on one of my models where I had extended the wings and had to use a lot of filler to blend everything together. I didn't give in I simply added Liquid Poly to the area that needed repair before I added more of the filler to fill in the holes. It simply needed something to key one section of filler to another becuase one part had dried slightly quicker than what was being applied on top in one go, only it acted as if it wasn't one aplication  :banghead:

All sorted now though  :thumbsup:  One day I may finish that build  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Oh trust me gents this mother ain't beating me that's for damn sure..the determined SOB I am won't let it win ..if thing thinks it's got me beat it better think again .
I don't even think the army stuff has anything to do with this either..I just don't like giving up when I know I can beat something and this sure as hell ain't something that will beat me when compared to other things I've beaten .

So the plan for today is a bit of scribing..abit of tapeing and a good amount of spraying.
That's the general plan of attack anyway ..wish me luck .

Wardukw

Kerick mate I doubt I'll be alive in 33yrs so that's a definite not 😀

kerick

That was directed at Gondor but good for all of us!  :thumbsup:  :wacko:
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on April 07, 2023, 01:15:02 PMThat was directed at Gondor but good for all of us!  :thumbsup:  :wacko:
Hahahaha 😆  :thumbsup:

Gondor

@kerick I started that model some ten and a bit years ago after my first trip to Telford I think. The date of the first post in the thread is June 10th 2010. Last post was two and a third years ago.  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

10 yrs ain't to bad ..Kericks is 3 times more than that so Al yours ain't that bad  ;D