A B-58 but not a B-58 ..Finsh pics up

Started by Wardukw, February 18, 2023, 12:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Wardukw

Decals tomorrow mate...then she's gonna come alive.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Cheers very much Chris..im hoping it stays that way  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 11, 2023, 06:18:41 PMNot bad at all! :thumbsup:

Phill, this is classic Skippy/Kiwi understatement & means "Bloody good job, mate!", you should be aware of this. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 12, 2023, 06:21:26 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 11, 2023, 06:18:41 PMNot bad at all! :thumbsup:

Phill, this is classic Skippy/Kiwi understatement & means "Bloody good job, mate!", you should be aware of this. ;)

Originated up here in the northern half of the planet though  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

Well I think it's looking amazing!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

It's quite a collection of parts. True whiffing madness!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Thanks guys  ;D ...good news gents..the decals are done..that took a few hours I can tell ya .
I used a mix of decals from different manufacturers but most are from Testors from the original kit and they are nice decals ..thin and conform quite nicely except for this milky crap on the back of every single decal which you've got to clean off..it's quite thick..it does come off with a paint brush but man you've gotta be careful...these decals will tear apart with ease .
I'll admit that's it's starting to look quite good now.

kerick

A great recovery. Can't wait to see more!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

The way its going you won't be waiting long ...im going to start pin washing tomorrow 🤪.
All going well it will be sorted by the weekend 😊

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 12, 2023, 07:38:21 PMI'll admit that's it's starting to look quite good now.

It is amazing how transfers have the power to bring a model to life, and how they can make a model that was looking rather average, or even mediocre, sudenly look the business  :thumbsup:  Tends to be why I tend to refer to most of mine as "she" once they get to that stage  :angel:

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 13, 2023, 05:59:27 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 12, 2023, 07:38:21 PMI'll admit that's it's starting to look quite good now.

It is amazing how transfers have the power to bring a model to life, and how they can make a model that was looking rather average, or even mediocre, sudenly look the business  :thumbsup:  Tends to be why I tend to refer to most of mine as "she" once they get to that stage  :angel:
Well Chris matey she looks like a plane now 😀.
The decals brought her to life and today I've gotta wash it..so much brightness and it's all like one big smooth sliver surface..the wash will break that up nicely 👌