A B-58 but not a B-58 ..Finsh pics up

Started by Wardukw, February 18, 2023, 12:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

I'm using the actual B-58 cockpit Dave ..complete with canopy ..nose so at least it has that part going for it..the 111s cockpit is massive with enough space for a 72nd crew of 6  :lol:
So I'm grafting the 58s front onto the 111s nose section and I intend to use as little of the 111s nose as possible but ill be keeping its landing gear section ..the 58s will now go there .
Still racking my brain about the rear landing gear but ill come put with something  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

loupgarou

I am following your build with much interest trying to  understand how it will develop, but am still clueless.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Wardukw

Quote from: loupgarou on March 04, 2023, 12:04:48 AMI am following your build with much interest trying to  understand how it will develop, but am still clueless.
Yeah as am I..clueless ..I have a vision in my head but it's blurred and keeps changing 🤪🥴
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

With 8 afterburning J79s I hope it has a bit of extra kerosene space or it may be the only Cold War jet to lose an endurance race to a Lightning!   😆

Following with great interest though.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

I am kinda glad I'm only using 4 J79s...one cause that's all I have and two I'm having enough trouble trying to figure out how I'm going to mount 4 side by side .
I'm going with what Jon wrote about the engines being inside the fuselage..I really like that idea ..it's clean and tidy ..or aerodynamic in techy speck  ;D
I've at least come up with where the tails ..not a misspelling  ;)  are going to sit.

crudebuteffective

Yeah as am I..clueless ..I have a vision in my head but it's blurred and keeps changing 🤪🥴
[/quote]

what are you drinking? ;D
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

Wardukw

Oh this is pure mind power..or lack off  ;D
Drinking ain't part of my world so this is all my brains fault  :wacko:

Wardukw

I'm making head way now guys ...I have cut the crap out of the 111s nose section and there's still more cutting to go ...but at least now the ideas are taking shape...course most of the ideas now are coming as im building this thing.
The new nose will be a little way from slim ..fact stream lined chubby would be the way I would describe it  :o

Wardukw

I've been thinking about the weapons load for this thing and I want bombs..just normal dumb free fall stuff and searching the net has shown me doodoo..im thinking the bombs used was the same as WW2 but I'm not sure.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 04, 2023, 11:27:46 PMI've been thinking about the weapons load for this thing and I want bombs..just normal dumb free fall stuff and searching the net has shown me doodoo..im thinking the bombs used was the same as WW2 but I'm not sure.

Not sure when exactly they entered service but the Mk.80 series were developed on the 50s so in Whif World they fit in just fine.  And would definitely look better than chubby WW2 stuff.

Wardukw

Well that's good news ..i just hope that the MK82 could be used cause ive got alot of those  ;D

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 04, 2023, 11:48:09 PMWell that's good news ..i just hope that the MK82 could be used cause ive got alot of those  ;D

Who doesnt?  😂.  Seems a lot of kits come with quite a lot of them! 

Wardukw

I've got the Hasegawa aircraft US weapons set 1 and I have no idea where it came from  :o
It's 72nd scale so prefect for this ..im sure Jon will have some bloody useful info to share in this matter but it is wiff world so would still work  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Yup..the MK82 500lb bomb was introduced in the mid 1950s  ;D
So I'm gonna load the hell out of this thing with them..
I'm use some 48th 500 punders to represent 1000 lb bombs..always good to have a mix  ;D

Rick Lowe

The last 1/48 Mk82s I used turned into 1/200 X-15s... but that's another story...