A B-58 but not a B-58 ..Finsh pics up

Started by Wardukw, February 18, 2023, 12:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Hahaha ..dude that's seriously small ..just had an idea to drive someone more twisted than us lot to turn a 72nd MK82 into a belly tank racer  :wacko:
That would challenge some nutta for sure  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

jcf

The Mk.80 series bombs are in the family of the AERO shapes designed by Douglas Aircraft
which were also used for drop-tanks and "special stores".

They proposed a bunch of different uses for the 150-gal(20 cu.ft.) and 300-gal(40 cu.ft.)
shapes when they were developing the F3D-3, including a rocket launcher version with
six 5 inch rockets, a rocket bomb, incendiary bomb canister, fragmentation bomb dispenser
(with bomb doors), a 20mm gunpod, photo-recce and of course napalm and such.
Drawings here:
F3D-3

Tommy Thomason has some good data on the dimensions of the tanks:
Douglas Low-Drag External Tanks

So, slowly getting to the point, while the 2,000 lb. Mk.84 is smaller than the 150 gal tank it's
pretty much the same shape so you could claim it's a tank or something special, by the same
token if you have some of those Douglas tanks you could tart them up like some of the crazy
F3D-3 concepts.

;D

zenrat

When we getting pictures Phil?

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Fred mate there will a couple of pics tomorrow afternoon...I haven't done a huge amount on this as alot was just sorting out things first ..which still ain't over yet.
Least I can say the nose is coming along nicely and there will be pics of that .
I'll cut the wings up today and start to get those modded.
Still sorting the layout for the engines but I might be on to something there  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Finally got the engines sorted and there looking pretty good at this stage .
I did discover that this model is the short wing version but this won't be to much of a problem as there going to be a delta anyway and I've found a great place for the horizontal stabilisers which you'll see in the pics .
There not canards ..these do not move ..there extensions of the lifting body and will be smoothed into the fuselage.
Strange is how long this looks with the B-58s cockpit added..it's only 10mm longer than the 111 is so putting the arse flaps in front of the wings helps to break that size up.
Pics up tomorrow chaps .

Wardukw

A WARNING !!! LOTS OF PICS TO FOLLOW ...
Here she is so far guys ...its getting there alot faster than thought it would ...only took 3 hours from the beginning to half way with the wings ,,,still a heap of work in those to go ...they are a long way from being smooth i can tell ya ..
Heres the start lads ..
Yup its all in bits at this point  ..
DSCF4023 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4024 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
It has begun  ;D
DSCF4035 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4036 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4037 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The hackin and slashing is really taking over now ...But this here the idea i have rolling around upstairs..
DSCF4034 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4038 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
New intakes
DSCF4039 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Engines .
DSCF4040 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4042 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now for the wings ,,,,this was pretty straight forward ..once i figured out how that is ..
DSCF4043 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4045 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Engines also mounted now ..this part will be fun  :o
DSCF4047 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4051 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4052 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
[4370@N04/]Phill Harrison[/url], on Flickr
DSCF4053 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The general idea is here guys ..
DSCF4054 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Before you guys ask...yes its a ships hull ...it has the exact same profile as engines shape and will be cut to buggery as its going to become part of the fuselage ...
DSCF4049 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4048 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Its useless for its intended use as it bent and twisted in all the wrong directions...so to dead it goes  :wacko:   

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Thanks Tophe mate...you ain't seen nothing yet bud  :wacko:  :thumbsup:

kerick

I'm impressed! That's an entire level above what I thought you might be doing. Keep at it! This will be really awesome!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Your impressed ?? I am To  :lol:
This is going much further than I thought but I'm enjoying this so much that the more I'm thinking of the problems and solving them the more fun it's becoming..I'll admit that what you guys have seen most of it is spur of the moment ideas..like the boat hull for the rear landing gear.
Yeah this one im liking alot  ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Let me get this right, that's a 1/72 scale F-111 cockpit grafted onto a 1/48 scale F-111 nose. Then you glued the 1/48 scale F-111 wings at the half sweep position, and added a VERY long span, narrow chord tailplane in place, and then filled in the gap between the wings and the tailplane?

Yes, there's no doubt about it, your CERTIFIABLE!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Or, in the colloquial, Batnuts Crazy. ;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..