A B-58 but not a B-58 ..Finsh pics up

Started by Wardukw, February 18, 2023, 12:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Thanks Dave  ;D
It's coming along now ...I threw a good amount of putty at it last night ...it's what I call preliminary putty work..just to fill gaps and get a shape in mind and work from there .
All three landing gear bays have been made but not finished yet as there's no gear in em..to dangerous right now to fit them...so a bit more work once the gear is fitted.
I'll sand it smooth this morning and then attack it some more ..still sorting out around the engines..it's a real pain that is .
The 58s new tail is done lads..looks much better for it too..so glad now that suggestion was made  :thumbsup:
There will be pics on Wednesday and there will be a few ..things have changed ..alot  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Update time...it's a one piece model now guys..glued the nose on this morning and winglits..I don't remember what PSR means but there's been a ton of it on this build.
Damn near 1 and a half tube of Tamiya blue and white putty have been used and most sanded off again  :o
I have the gear doors made for the landing gear which took hours as im pretty damn sure Revell was trying to make the plastic scale thickness of a real battleship hull... the plastic was 2mm thick and I had to make .5mm thick..after a heap of work with my knife and dremel we have successfully gotten what I wanted.
I still wot be fitting the landing gear just yet but it's getting very close.
More sanding tomorrow morning ..yippee 😐😠
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

PSR = putty, sand, repeat.
Soldier on, mi amigo!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on March 12, 2023, 09:42:10 PMPSR = putty, sand, repeat.
Soldier on, mi amigo!
Thank you Kerick mate and yup I've PSRed this thing to death.
Everytime I've wet and dried sand papered this thing I have to change my T shirt..I get rather wet  ;D

buzzbomb

I like what I see. Very slick building skills :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Thanks Buzzy  ;D ..im sitting here right now just looking at it and it's kinda looking like a gigantic GR1 Tornado  ;D

Wardukw

She's on her feet lads...and it's sitting square which I'm very surprised about  ;D
So pics tomorrow she'll be standing on her own 3 feet. :thumbsup:
It's getting so close to P and P now and them the fun begins all over again  :o .

Wardukw

As promised chaps heres a pile of pics for ya to take a looksie at  <_<
First off the new tail ,,heres the jist of it ....i made drew some lines on the 111s tail to get the shape i needed as 58s and 111s is quite different ..the pics will show the method used .
DSCF4055 by Phill Harrison, on FlickrDSCF4056 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4057 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Next was the top section of the tail and its all pretty easy stuff from there ,,,least its much closer to the 58s tail now which im happy about .
DSCF4058 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now for the moment youve all been waiting for ...maybe  <_< ...the boat parts...mainly the hull ...after a ton of measurements and some bloody careful cutting i had the bits i wanted ,,the sides for the fuselage and the rear landing gear ,,,which turned out pretty sweet ..
DSCF4060 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4061 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4062 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now the PSR really is getting into gear here .
DSCF4063 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4064 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4065 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4066 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Nose gear bay..
DSCF4069 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now she is one ..all glued up and more PSR on its way ...
DSCF4072 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4073 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4074 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4075 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Shes on her wheels now lads ,,,and not a single bit of weight added to this thing ,,,which is good ,,its not that heavy really so theres no stress on the landing gear at all really ..this is turning out pretty good so far .
DSCF4076 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4078 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4079 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4082 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The tail might look bent but its just the angle of the camera  :thumbsup:
DSCF4086 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4087 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

You guys would have noticed the holes in the wings ...yup weapons mounts ...the load out will be bombs ,,,1000 and 2000 pound free fall dumb bombs ...just behind the front landing gear i have scribed lines to represent bomb bay doors,,,yes i was going to hack this thing open and make one but common sense got the better of me .
With the math ive done that would be big enough to hold 4 2000lb bombs as well .
The inner mount will hold 2 bloody huge drop tanks ,,the second will be loaded with 6 1000lb bombs and the outter will hold a 2000lb bomb on its own ,,,for now  ;)
More to follow gentlemens  ;D   

PR19_Kit

If ever there was a DEFINITE Whiffie this time next year, that's it!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

And that's without paint!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

That's brilliant, Phill! :wub:

The detail in the wheel wells is way up there & I love that you've use the ship's stabilising vanes for the same/a similar purpose here! :bow:  :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Thanks guys  ;D  ;D ..I'll admit I'm enjoying this one ..ive asked myself a couple of times ..what's the likelihood of a POC model battleship being the right profile for a bloody plane and the plastic being soft and super easy to work with...math I wouldn't even think about trying to figure out...it's that classic ..I was ment to happen  :o
Remember lads ..this whole thing came around because I wanted to use the landing gear  :wacko:  :wacko:
Paint will hit this tomorrow..well primer will .
It's going to have a pure metal finish with different shades of metal ....but it's hush hush  ;D  ;)

Rick Lowe

Nice! work there!!

Coming along well, can't wait for the paint.

I like the use of the ship hull, it's a trick to add to the toolbox, for sure.
And the detailing in there is great as well. Multiple  :thumbsup:

kerick

Yeah! Finish this up so I can nominate it for a whiffy already!  :wacko:   :thumbsup:
This is looking great and of course it has to be NMF. Is there a hairdresser you know? They use this thin aluminum foil when doing hair color that according to the salon my wife goes to costs $50 for 800 feet x 6". Now that is more than anyone will ever use but maybe you can talk them into selling you a nearly empty roll. I haven't tried it myself but looks good to me.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Wardukw

I've seen that idea before Kerick mate and man does it looks amazing when it's done right ..the right part is the part that has me worried...there will be metal foil on this that's for sure butbim painting this entire thing ..been wanting to play with multiple metallic paints on a build..it's gonna be frickin bright I can tell ya.
I am going try that foil idea for sure ..on something crap first tho  ;D
When I screw it up I won't care  :lol: