A B-58 but not a B-58 ..Finsh pics up

Started by Wardukw, February 18, 2023, 12:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 07, 2023, 02:02:02 PM10 yrs ain't to bad ..Kericks is 3 times more than that so Al yours ain't that bad  ;D

I still have a stalled kitbash from the 1980's so that's forty years.  ;D  I'm sure that there are others here that have older stalled builds. I didn't know about what-if at the time other than a SAM article which used parts of an F-4, Stuka and a Crusader tank turret, and that's just the bits I remember!  :o

That article might have been the triger for me thinking.... what if I did this.....

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kerick

Ten years isn't too bad. Just steady progress.

Kitbashing things to make a model of which there was no kit of at the time started me down the road to madness. Then making builds that just looked cool. I "customized" a P-40 with car parts a very long time ago.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

That's where it all starts matey ....what if I did this ? ....or why can't I use this instead? ....then the fun or nightmare begins.
I doubt I'll ever build a OTB non wiffy model again ..it's just to sticking to the rules sort of deal ..has to be this way or it's not right ..JMNs can bite me.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on April 07, 2023, 02:22:35 PMTen years isn't too bad. Just steady progress.

Kitbashing things to make a model of which there was no kit of at the time started me down the road to madness. Then making builds that just looked cool. I "customized" a P-40 with car parts a very long time ago.
Yeah but 40 is going a wee but far . I was 13 when Al started that 😆 😂
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 07, 2023, 02:25:42 PM
Quote from: kerick on April 07, 2023, 02:22:35 PMTen years isn't too bad. Just steady progress.

Just a thought, maybe some projects need to be passed on to someone who will complete it? Postage being an issue of course. It would be easier to send something to someone closer. Or exchange at a hobby show.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on April 07, 2023, 02:38:16 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 07, 2023, 02:25:42 PM

Just a thought, maybe some projects need to be passed on to someone who will complete it? Postage being an issue of course. It would be easier to send something to someone closer. Or exchange at a hobby show.
This is a great idea but yeah postage  can suck especially to here .

Wardukw

Part one of the painting is done ..well part three really as this is the 3rd time it's been painted .
Tomorrow more paint around the engines ...steel will be the colour used and then its gloss time .
Things are starting to look up here gentlemens .

Decals to follow on soon enough  ;D

kerick

Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Promise mate...that will be very soon.  ;D

Wardukw

She's glossed and detail painting will begin today..it's looking OK...not great to me as im still abit unhappy with this dew to all the trouble I've had with this build .
Anyways pics should be up tomorrow chaps .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

As promised and i know how much you guys have missed this here it is now as it sits...
This is the part where the nightmare begun ...you can see the hole just up from the leading edge and ,,,this was nearly the destruction of this thing .DSCF4123 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
But after the terror was sorted i ended up with this ..
DSCF4129 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4130 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4133 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4142 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
You want bombs ?..oh baby i got your bombs ...the next part tho was a holy crap moment ..those wheels are bloody small guys .
DSCF4144 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4143 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Not a heap of pics but theres bugger all really to take a pic off.
One thing i have nearly forgotten to do was decal the bloody thing ..was gonna start to weather it today and then remembered that something was missing ,,dudes im getting forgetful  :o

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

On the way to totally awesome!
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Hopefully it turns out awesome mate...Guy mate not bad is the perfect description for this..not great..just not bad.
Still tho once it's decaled and washed it might change my mind but no bets chaps.