Cast your votes for the 2023 Whiffie awards

Started by TomZ, February 18, 2023, 09:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

The polls for the 2023 Whiffies are up now. I sincerely hope I didn't forget anyone or missed a nomination!

This year 165 models were nominated, built by 57 different members. This led to 217 nominations in 19 categories. You will be able to cast a total of 50 votes each. The polls will be up until Saturday 4th of March 20:00 CET. The award show will take place on Sunday 12th of March from 20:00 CET.

The Academy

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

That's a remarkable job you've done there Tom, and your first time in post too.

VERY well done.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 18, 2023, 10:34:02 AMThat's a remarkable job you've done there Tom, and your first time in post too.

VERY well done.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Kit.
Small correction though: This is the second poll round I do. I took over last year.

TomZ

Rheged

I've voted, and I am most grateful for the remarkable work that you have done here.  You have certainly earned a brisk lie-down with a glass or two of your favourite drink!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TomZ on February 18, 2023, 10:36:42 AMThank you Kit.
Small correction though: This is the second poll round I do. I took over last year.

Ah, OK.

I've been asleep since then though, and I am REALLY ancient.   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

Quote from: Rheged on February 18, 2023, 10:39:12 AMI've voted, and I am most grateful for the remarkable work that you have done here.  You have certainly earned a brisk lie-down with a glass or two of your favourite drink!!

Treating myself to a glass of Glendronach 18years old now!  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

TomZ

Spey_Phantom

Voted, but like every year, its getting harder to choose a winner  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Pellson

The backstory category - it's taken me three hours to read, read again and choose..  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

seadude

I voted, but it was tough. Too many good choices.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

NARSES2

Many thanks for doing this Tom, another great job on your part  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

OMG, thanks a lot for setting all this up!  :bow:

Steel Penguin

TY for setting up Tom.
Ive gone through and voted, some tricky choices as well,  you've all outdone yourself s again folks.  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

su27rules

I voted and it was tough, too many very nice choices.

Rheged

The overall quality in every category is  quite remarkable.  Even if your entry doesn't win, in my view it still deserves a certificate  of excellence.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet