Cast your votes for the 2023 Whiffie awards

Started by TomZ, February 18, 2023, 09:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Its annoying given the potentially large electorate but 35 seems to be our currently active number of members give or take a few.

On some other forums they send out "come and vote" messages to all registered members.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Done!

I hadn't forgotten it, but bear in mind that it takes a while to do if you're going to give the matter proper thought and remind yourself of the details of some of the entries. I think I've put about two hours into it this morning.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Rheged on February 19, 2023, 11:03:49 AMThe overall quality in every category is  quite remarkable.  Even if your entry doesn't win, in my view it still deserves a certificate  of excellence.

By the way, if I didn't say thank you for nominating my Type 21G frigate profile at the time, let me fix that now: thank you!  :thumbsup:

I was up to my eyeballs in sorting out my late aunt's estate at the time, which is probably why I missed it.

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

I haven't voted for the Best Backstory yet because I need to read them all again.
Hopefully I will get time to do so before the poll closes.
If not, I apologise.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on March 02, 2023, 05:21:50 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 02, 2023, 02:09:19 AMI never vote for myself, here or in anything else in life.

Same.

Same as me, and I once lost out on a Social Club Committee election because of it. Didn't bother me as I'd not wanted to be nominated in  the first place  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 03, 2023, 05:56:17 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 02, 2023, 05:21:50 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 02, 2023, 02:09:19 AMI never vote for myself, here or in anything else in life.

Same.

Same as me, and I once lost out on a Social Club Committee election because of it. Didn't bother me as I'd not wanted to be nominated in  the first place  ;D

Ugggh  Social Club committee sounds like a fate worse than death. Angry people all around you because they didn't get what they wanted. I'd be tempted to steal any ballots with my name on them.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on March 03, 2023, 04:41:02 AMI haven't voted for the Best Backstory yet because I need to read them all again.
Hopefully I will get time to do so before the poll closes.
If not, I apologise.

Again, same. :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: zenrat on March 02, 2023, 02:31:20 AMIts annoying given the potentially large electorate but 35 seems to be our currently active number of members give or take a few.

On some other forums they send out "come and vote" messages to all registered members.

It is a bit sad that with over 2,400 members registered it seems impossible for any GB poll to break 40 votes.  Obviously we're not gonna have 2,400 active members but the page stats show 87 logged in today.  If half voted it would be a big jump in participation. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

perttime

If you haven't voted yet, consider that my votes could account for a good percentage of the final result.

Do you really want that?  ;D

TomZ

All,

I've taken down the polls. Voting is over!

The awards ceremony will be on Sunday the 12th of March, starting around 20:00 CET (-ish)

Now is the time to get in your bribes, either in monetary form or otherwise.
Please remember that any behaviour less than impeccable will not be tolerated during the ceremony and will result in severe penalties including, but not limited to, removal from the premises, disqualification for the awards and the confiscations of stash items.

Yours sincerely,

The Academy

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

AeroplaneDriver

I do not respond to threats.  I shall be bringing a sandwich and the alpaca.  If you make a scene it will not look good in the media. 

TomZ

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 05, 2023, 11:04:00 PMI do not respond to threats.  I shall be bringing a sandwich and the alpaca.  If you make a scene it will not look good in the media. 

Please do make sure that the alpaca is suitably dressed.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

AeroplaneDriver

It shall be wearing an appropriate thong and hat. I appreciate the accommodation and look forward to the ceremony.   Did we end up getting Ricky Gervaise or not? . 

kitbasher

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 05, 2023, 11:46:45 PMDid we end up getting Ricky Gervaise or not? . 

I do hope not!

Can we have James Corden so we can each go all Will Smith and slap him?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter