First Reban FTL-Ship "Ukumka"

Started by nönöbär, February 19, 2023, 02:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 31, 2023, 07:35:58 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 31, 2023, 07:26:30 AMHow do you know Rebans need them?  ;)

They eat, therefore they defecate  ;D 
But that raises another question..from where??
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

Really is a "stellar" build and moreso 3D design work. Loving this  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

As far as ablutions, more than probably the Sci fi term of "Fresher" where everything is self contained and retractable into a wall would be the go. Because as has been identified, clearly there are no woods.

rickshaw

Quote from: zenrat on July 18, 2023, 04:20:59 AMI would assume that like nearly all alien races  (Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who, Babylon 5 et al) they would speak American English.   ;)

Ah, but in Dr.Who, the TARDIS translates for them from the local language to British English telepathically. :wacko:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

nönöbär

Well, it looks as if a new intersting topic has came up here :)

But i can assure that Rebans have taken care that there are enough toilets on board. On some of the prvious decks (Hangar, FTL drive), some "public" toilets" are located. Each cabin has of course its own one. Besides the bed, there is a "wet cell", containing shower, toilet etc. On top of it, there is a little sofa, where Rebans could rest and relax.

The Reban on the right is sitting on it

There are snack machines everywhere in the ship, almost every deck has one. But of course there will be a whole cafetria deck, which i am currently collecting some ideas for it. This will be one of next ones to make.

And of course - many thanks for the positive feedback here!  :thumbsup:
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

nönöbär

On the fuel deck (Deck 2), more tanks, pipes etc. are added. Its getting full in there now and its close to be done.

On Deck 4 (reactors and engines) more things are printed and painted.

The four reactors are done now.

The four engines are printed and tested in the engine torus. The reactors will be placed in the middle. As I had to get some new resin, the color is not the same. But as they will be painted anyway, this makes no difference.

--------------------

Old Wombat

Better, & better, & better, & better, & better with every update! :bow:  :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

It's already AWESOME, how can it possibly get any better?

But I bet it does!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 06, 2023, 04:02:04 AMBetter, & better, & better, & better, & better with every update! :bow:  :bow:
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 06, 2023, 11:36:32 AMIt's already AWESOME, how can it possibly get any better?

But I bet it does!
Yeah what both of those 👦 said ...this build is anything but plain annoying to me as him running out of words to describe how amazing it is .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

The fuel deck (Deck 2) is now completed. Various tanks for the fusion reactors and main engines are located here.

Based on their experience in the past, the Rebans prefer "open" fuel tanks, and therefore, they have chosen not to add any outer hull to this deck. The human advisors tried to persuade the Rebans not to do so, but sometimes Rebans are a bit stubborn,
Therefore, the anti-gravity lifts are equipped with small airlocks to enter this deck.

As my engineer will start his summer vacation soon, there will be no further updated until mid September, and right now she is planning this years road trip.... :)

--------------------

Wardukw

Freaking amazing..as usual 🙄 😃😃

NARSES2

Old Wombat

Great work still happening! :bow:

Have a great trip! :thumbsup:

And don't get;

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est