First Reban FTL-Ship "Ukumka"

Started by nönöbär, February 19, 2023, 02:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

I think we should have a Wiffy Class for "Tease of the Year"  ;D

It's just such a terrific idea to start with let alone build  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

nönöbär

Assembly of the next deck has started: Deck 0 with landing legs, air and water tanks plus water recycling.

This time, floor and hull is printed in one piece for stability reasons. But this makes painting it a bit more tricky

Four lending legs will be there

Some if the aggregates which will be placed in this deck

In the meantime, a new version of the small space craft has been done and test printed. There you can see the "evolution" from left to right.

I guess this what I will go for
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

Old Wombat

Pity you can't do a clear dome for the Reban pilot to look out of. ;)

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :bow:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 12, 2023, 05:56:11 AMPity you can't do a clear dome for the Reban pilot to look out of. ;)

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :bow:

Isn't that a clear dome on the Phase 3 model on the right?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nönöbär

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 14, 2023, 03:33:32 AMIsn't that a clear dome on the Phase 3 model on the right?

No, they are all painted. I am currently experimenting with clear, transparent resin, but the result is still far away from "clear".

--------------------

NARSES2

Quote from: nönöbär on November 12, 2023, 03:21:25 AMSome if the aggregates which will be placed in this deck

Interesting, the 3 "wheels and piston" assembly at the top right made me think the Reban's used good old fashioned steam power as a backup ?  ;)

Brilliant  :bow:  :bow:

nönöbär

More work is done on Deck 0, the water recycling is added (and no NARSES2, it is not a steam power engine....  ;D  ;D  ;D

Water tanks (blue), some of the oxygen tanks (white) and landing leg hydraulics (red) are added

Those parts will be mounted at the outside of the hull, some pipes to pump in water plus a landing radar sensor.

Also started to print the second crew deck

And the interior of it

--------------------

Old Wombat

NARSES2

Quote from: nönöbär on November 19, 2023, 03:48:16 AMMore work is done on Deck 0, the water recycling is added (and no NARSES2, it is not a steam power engine....  ;D  ;D  ;D

That's me told then  ;D

Fantastic work  :thumbsup:

nönöbär

Deck 0, landing legs, oxygen and water tanks plus the water recycling is added here.

Rebans do not like it too much to go down to this deck and work here - as there is no snack machine in this deck.

Next deck to build will be the second crew deck.

--------------------

Old Wombat

Quote from: nönöbär on November 26, 2023, 02:19:41 AMRebans do not like it too much to go down to this deck and work here - as there is no snack machine in this deck.

Which is why so much of it is completely automated. ;D  ;D  ;D

The Reban crew just send one, maybe two, of their number down there with their pockets stuffed with snacks &, whilst down there, they check a few instruments, run a few diagnostic checks, maybe tweak a few settings then come back up. <_<

If anything major needs doing a relief team, similarly supplied, is sent down to relieve the first team; who then eat, rest, resupply & return to relieve the second crew, if necessary. ;)

Looking good! :thumbsup:

nönöbär

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 26, 2023, 02:36:33 AMThe Reban crew just send one, maybe two, of their number down there with their pockets stuffed with snacks &, whilst down there, they check a few instruments, run a few diagnostic checks, maybe tweak a few settings then come back up. <_<

If anything major needs doing a relief team, similarly supplied, is sent down to relieve the first team; who then eat, rest, resupply & return to relieve the second crew, if necessary. ;)

I see, you understand how the Rebans will do it :) :) :)

--------------------