First Reban FTL-Ship "Ukumka"

Started by nönöbär, February 19, 2023, 02:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Looking at the pics, I have absolutely NO idea how large it is, even though I actually know because a) you've told us and b) I've seen pics that show it!  :o

If ever there was a 'Model of the Year' this has to be it!  :thumbsup:  :bow:  :drink:  :cheers:  :party:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I just love the fact they have a Spa  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

Both crew decks will be together, this is Deck 7 and 8. With the 16 cabins, there is room for 32 Rebans.

In the meantime, several items for the force field generators are printed and painted.

And here is the final evolution of the small space craft from left to right. As it is now ok, I can start to assemble the "final" version.
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

Old Wombat

Are you doing a full crew, nönöbär? :unsure:

I think you should! ;D

But, then, I'm not the one printing, constructing & painting them! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 28, 2024, 06:38:58 AMAre you doing a full crew, nönöbär? :unsure:

I think you should! ;D

Yes, I already have made the whole crew. Plus a few human advisors who join the Rebans on their ship. The good thing with 3D printing is, if I need more crew, I can simply print some more.

--------------------

Old Wombat

Quote from: nönöbär on January 29, 2024, 06:04:31 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on January 28, 2024, 06:38:58 AMAre you doing a full crew, nönöbär? :unsure:

I think you should! ;D

Yes, I already have made the whole crew. Plus a few human advisors who join the Rebans on their ship. The good thing with 3D printing is, if I need more crew, I can simply print some more.

Awesome! ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

philp

Do the human advisors have their own sets of cabins?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

nönöbär

Quote from: philp on January 29, 2024, 05:31:14 PMDo the human advisors have their own sets of cabins?

Yes, they will have a few cabins in the science deck.

--------------------

nönöbär

Starting to build the small space craft, the upper side is printed and the first paint has been added.

Now to something completely different. For most Rebans, this is the most important deck on the ship: Deck 9, the cafeteria.

The rounded par contains the kitchen on the lower deck, the upper deck has the storage facilities. Right to it some restrooms. The free space in front will the the seating area. As usual, the green parts are the anti-gravity lifts.

A simple proof-of-concept print of it to see if the dimensions are right. One Reban is already waiting to get something tasty from the kitchen.

--------------------

NARSES2

Quote from: nönöbär on February 04, 2024, 03:23:07 AMNow to something completely different. For most Rebans, this is the most important deck on the ship: Deck 9, the cafeteria.

Glad to see they get their priorities right  ;D  :thumbsup:

nönöbär

There are three decks which I am currently working on:

1) Hangar deck (Deck 6):

All parts are now printed, so assembly can start. As usual, I will begin with the deck floor, one of my little space craft prototypes as a size comparison.

2) Cafeteria deck (Deck 9):

Printing the final version of the floor, the area in front will be the one where the kitchen will be located.

3) Upper engine torus (Deck 5):

Now this will require several test prints. As this deck will be the one which has the longest printing times, I have to make sure that the printed result will fit. Because of printer inaccuracies, you easily can have a0,5mm differences which then would prevent that you can stack the decks together. Therefore, some small tests to get everything right.

First test for the floor of deck 5, but it was too big

Second attempt, still to big (the 0,5mm I mentioned above). But those tests prints only take an hour or so, while the complete one will take much longer.

--------------------

NARSES2

The technology is way above my head, but it is fascinating to watch it all come together and it does open the mind to the possibilities  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

nönöbär

Some slow progress this week on the hangar deck. The little space craft fits this time.

Most of the time was used up with test prints for the deck and outer hull of the upper engine torus.

The floor is now as it should, but the outer hull does not fit correctly.

Better, but still not ok. A few adjustments are required.

A third attempt. Needed three test prints to get it right. But this still saves a lot of time compared with printing the complete part.

It works! Putting everything together, upper and lower engine torus and the hanger deck. Now the complete thing can be printed.

--------------------

NARSES2